This position is within the Drilling and Completions organization. The successful candidate will provide technical and operational support for drilling, completion, and well service projects. The focus of the group includes the use and support of WellView 9 and other database tools, and on collection, analysis, and presentation of engineering and operational data from a variety of other sources. It may occasionally be necessary to travel to rig site locations for short periods of time to provide WellView support and training, or to collect data and to provide operational supervision and support. Depending on the candidate’s experience and interests, the primary assignment could focus on WellView 9 support, on operational and engineering support, or a combination of these two aspects of the job.
Application of WellView 9 and ancillary tools, including:
Supporting drilling and completion projects by gathering, formatting, and analyzing engineering and operational information from internal and external sources; performing routine engineering calculations and analyses, and reporting results to project engineers; creating and maintaining spreadsheets and files; and, generating presentations, graphs, and reports for use by engineers and management.
Collecting, preparing, and critiquing data for projects and reports; performing routine database queries and creating data subsets for analysis; creates project records and databases including well diagrams, schedules, installation reports and lessons learned documentation, monitoring project performance metrics in order to compare actual versus forecast data and reporting variances.
Monitoring day-to-day site activities for drilling and completion projects; assisting with project scheduling; periodically witnessing tests and performing equipment QA/QC supervision and reporting.
Acting as relief supervisor for and / or assistant to site supervisor; supervising contractors to ensure that work is completed in accordance with plan and with our HES values.
Assisting in preparation of budget estimates and supporting cost control efforts by gathering and preparing analytical data that support each.
- Setting up wells and jobs within WellView in coordination with project drilling and completion engineers; monitoring and performing QA/QC of daily WellView data for anomalies; and, assisting engineers and rig site supervisors with data collection, correction, and consistency.
- Creating data queries and reports using WellView, WellView Data Warehouse, and various database and analysis tools to assist personnel in analyzing WellView information; creating custom reports designed for data quality verification and information sharing; and, performing data mining and preparation of engineering presentations using WellView and other data sources.
- Providing training to personnel in the use of WellView; trouble-shooting WellView problems; identifying WellView design and enhancement opportunities.
Degree: Associates Degree or higher is preferred.
Major Discipline: Technical Field
Years Experience: Five years of drilling, completion, or production work is preferred.
Computer Proficiencies: Demonstrated skill with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with working knowledge of Project and Access. Previous experience with the use of WellView is preferred. Navigational experience in SAP, and / or a working knowledge of Visual Basic for Applications is a plus.
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Marathon Oil - 17 months ago
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...