PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
The PACCAR Technical Center provides engineering excellence to the truck, engine, and winch divisions of PACCAR Inc through innovative product development and testing. The Technical Center is located in the Skagit Valley about 65 miles north of Seattle, Washington.
Assists materials engineers in performing materials analyses. Responsible for test sample preparation, metallography or materials performance testing, detailed documentation of work performed, and preparation of written test results. Works under general supervision either of a senior specialist or materials engineer. Work assignments are reviewed for accuracy, completeness and soundness of technical judgment.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
Qualifications & Skills
- Consults with project manager and lab supervisor to define scope of project
- Assists with parts procurement
- Fabricates and installs specialized test components and fixtures to meet required project needs
- Documents parts as received
- Prepares test samples including environmental conditioning and sectioning
- Conducts performance testing on test panels/parts per PACCAR specifications and ASTM standards
- Operates instrumentation and materials laboratory equipment as required for proper data acquisition
- Prepares detailed documentation of work performed
- Uploads test results promptly
- Maintains task list records and test part storage locations
- Maintains materials laboratory equipment in working order
- Complies with high housekeeping standards in the laboratory
- Continual awareness of safety and health hazards. A good knowledge of safe operating procedures to avoid personal injury or equipment damage
- Assists all materials engineers in the safe collection and tracking of hazardous waste generated by materials test activities
Additional PACCAR Website Information
- B.S. in Science or Industrial Technology, AA/Vocational tech degree in an engineering or technically related discipline, and/or related materials experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of mechanical principles and systems. Ability to work with manufacturers drawings and specifications.
- Good fabrication skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Ability to use appropriate shop equipment and hand/power tools.
- Well organized and accurate with detailed work.
- Willingness, flexibility, and initiative to respond to shifting time and project demands.
- Ability to work well with others.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PACCAR Inc. - 15 months ago
Global and diverse opportunities! Smart and creative colleagues! Exciting assignments and growth prospects! What drives your career? Find...