Engineering Structural Technician – Elizabeth City, NC
DLS Engineering Associates Inc, a government engineering logistics services firm, is seeking qualified candidates for an opening as full-time Engineering Structural Technician to support the USCG Aviation Logistics Center, Medium Range Recovery (MRR) Product Line in performing precision sheet metal fabrication and repair.
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- 5 years experience in precision sheet metal fabrication and repair
- Experience with H60 major fitting replacement and major structural modifications
- Capable of fabricating complex sheet metal parts from 7075-0 aluminum using form blocks and standard sheet metal tools
- I n-depth knowledge of sheet metal fasteners for proper application and installation
- Able to read and interpret manufacturers’ blue prints and technical drawings, as well as, understand engineering specifications
- 5 years experience in fabricating form blocks; able to manufacture form blocks from sample aircraft parts for reverse engineering of new parts
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft metals and alloys, and have a working knowledge of metal heat treating processes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise good problem solving skills, make recommendations for repair or fabrication of aircraft parts and airframe repairs
- Able to train and mentor personnel on fabrication processes and procedures
- U.S. Citizen
DLS Engineering Associates, Inc. - 12 months ago
We are an established and growing service provider in the government industry. We are dedicated to our mission of providing business...