The Engineering Supervisor is responsible for transformational leader that inspires a high performing engineering group. Accountable for the direction and leadership of insuring process capability through prioritized improvements to manufacturing processes. Results will be recognized through sustained accomplishments to quality, cost and delivery goals. Effectively develops clear and specific project objectives for targeted opportunities. Dynamically leads staff to achieve the stated project deliverables in coordination with quality and manufacturing management along with other engineering groups. Directs resources toward the application of standard and advanced approaches and technologies to significantly improve processes and/or procedures.
- Development of others – Develop the technical capabilities and leadership competencies of group to effectively lead change initiatives
- Teamwork and collaboration – Creates and maintains an environment that promotes teamwork, cooperation to shared goals and conflict resolution.
- Objectives, development, and compensation – Establishes objectives and development goals; evaluates performance and progress of direct reports and makes compensation recommendations.
- Accountability (Quality, Cost, Delivery) – Accountable for directing resources towards the attainment of prioritized project objectives.
- Planning / Prioritization – Participates in the identification and prioritization of engineering group opportunities. Responsible for the prioritization of departmental activities in alignment with group & company objectives.
- Problem Solving - Utilizes the philosophy and tools incorporated in the Swagelok Improvement System to ensure that temporary or permanent process or product related changes do not result in a customer disappointment
- Advises others how to solve technical problems; can lead larger team effort to solve problems that involve multi-departmental or interdisciplinary efforts.
- With team, utilizes advanced problem solving tools and techniques (i.e. DOE,DPS, statistical methods, etc.) for root cause analysis.
- Standardization / Efficiency – Develops and promotes the utilization of and adherence to corporate practices (ex. Project Management, Process Control Tools, Lean Tools, etc.)
- Communication – Communication with internal customers to ensure project requirements are universally understood to enable the effective deployment of resources in the highest priority areas. Insures service goals by communicating progress regularly through management updates, team meetings and monthly reports.
- Staffing – Manages staffing requirements to meet dynamic project priorities and loads through associate development, transfers and hires. Balances resources both within, and between, departments based on current project priorities.
- Budgeting – Establish departmental budget targets, analyze variances, and identify cost reduction opportunities.
BS degree in a technical discipline (engineering degree preferred). Appropriate continuous education. Master’s degree or equivalent skills and experience is encouraged.
5-10 years of experience in a technical field (may vary depending on area). Familiar with laws and procedures related to employment. Requires knowledge of the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extension of theories, precepts and practices of the field and related sciences and disciplines. Recognized as a leader to the organization.
Proven abilities in leadership including evaluating, encouraging, motivating, disciplining and rewarding others. Applies experience and knowledge at an organization level. Demonstrates the ability to complete major and complex projects. Manages multiple projects simultaneously. Advanced problem solving and significant decision making abilities. Strong project management/product development skills. Excellent oral and written communication. Excellent computer and typical office software skills.
Self Awareness: Emotional Self-Awareness, Emotional Self-Control
Self management: Self Confidence, Adaptability, Achievement
Social Awareness: Empathy, Organizational Awareness, Service
Relationship Awareness: Influence, Developing Others, Change Catalyst, Teamwork and Collaboration
Scope of position:
Estimated Budgetary Responsibilities: $0.5 to 2.0 million
# Direct Reports: 10 to 20
# Indirect Reports: N/A
% Of Time Spent Traveling:
Swagelok - 2 years ago
Swagelok is a $1.8 billion, privately-held company. Headquartered in Solon, Ohio, U.S.A., Swagelok Company is a global developer and...