The Engineering Support Specialist is responsible for supporting a variety of tasks within design engineering. The position is intended to relieve the design engineers from some job tasks (e.g., establishing and maintaining standard wiring prints) that do not require an engineering degree, but require technical knowledge and/or experience. Key responsibilities include:
- Modifying wiring prints from schematic diagrams; establishing and maintaining standard wiring prints; double checking final design drawings; and assembling final design packages.
- Reviewing as-built drawings for accuracy and reviewing databases and creating reports for various data requests.
- Assisting with data management
- Performing field reviews of existing drawings and equipment.
- Other engineering design support as directed by supervision.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Three or more years of electrical related experience required. Knowledge of basic electrical theory and relevant experience working with electrical prints and diagrams is required. Electric utility experience is preferred. Experience reviewing and modifying schematics and wiring diagrams is preferred. Experience with System Protection is preferred.
Proficiency in use of computers is required. Familiarity with MS Office suite (e.g., Excel) software products is required. Must have good analytical and organizational skills. Must also have the capability to work on major project teams. Ability to handle multiple assignments/projects and priorities is required.
Salary: . Date posted: 05/01/2013
PowerPlantPro - 22 months ago