Urban Robotics is looking for dynamic individuals to join our high-octane, fast paced environment. We offer a competitive benefits package and compensation as well as a culture where everyone is built to succeed. Look through our current open positions and apply today or register to be notified when we open a position that matches your qualifications.
This is a full time position providing support to our engineers and remote field staff. Additional responsibilities include basic server support, network troubleshooting and assisting with infrastructure projects. This position is located at our Portland office in Old Town.
- Driven individual; must have a strong desire to learn and use new technologies
- Easily adapt to new and challenging tasks
- Proven ability to work both in a team and independently
- Must be self-motivated
- Strong communication skill
- DIACAP accreditation experience highly desirable
- 3+ years’ experience in desktop support with XP/7/Office
- 2+ years’ experience with Windows Server support. AD,WDS/WSUS
- SysPrep or other System Imaging experience desirable
- Basic scripting in PowerShell/Python or other programming experience is a plus
- Experience with WAN/LAN/WLAN networking - Cisco or HP preferred
- Convince us you've got what it takes
Telltale signs this job may be for you...
- Hardware troubleshooting skills
- Strong software support and troubleshooting skills
- Certs are a plus - but not a requirement: A+, N+, CCNA, MCITP.
- Bonus points: Linux/Unix experience. NAS experience (you run ZFS at home)
- You like building/upgrading your own computers and refuse to buy one off the shelf.
- When a friend or family member has an issue with any electronic device they call you first.
- Your home router wasn’t good enough- so you built your own based off pFsense/Untangle.
- You have your own VM lab environment at home for evaluating operating systems.
- You built a HTPC or NAS to provide streaming media to every device in your house.
- This position requires sitting for long periods of time, extensive computer use; standing and lifting of approximately 50 pounds, stooping, bending, kneeling, etc.
- General office environment; production facility environment may also be required
Compensation is based on experience and education (Please submit salary requests with resume and cover letter)
- Must be a United States citizen per ITAR regulations and be able to pass a background check
- No 3rd party candidates will be considered; principals only
- Greater Portland, Oregon residents only; no relocation package available
- Benefits include: Medical/dental insurance, vision and prescription coverage, 401(k) with company match up to 3% automatically, PTO and paid holidays. The company also offers a choice between paid parking or a Tri-Met pass, opportunity for bonus, employee recognition programs, with a flexible and team oriented work environment and much more!
- Intangibles: Fun, fast paced environment. Versatile job tasks.
- Cutting edge technology. Small and agile company. Mystery and intrigue.
Urban Robotics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. These decisions are as follows but not limited to, Employment, Upgrading, Demotion, Transfer, Recruitment or Recruitment Advertising, Layoff or termination, Rates of pay or other compensation, or selection for training and / or apprenticeships. We strive to have the best available person in every role. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, severe or morbid obesity, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.