Assists and/or manages construction inspection and design work by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: .
- Knowledge of the Standard Specifications for Sewer, Water, and Road Construction, as well as their application.
- Must obtain measurements and report progress information and place detailed information on a RPR Daily Report.
- Answers inquiries and complaints from residents, clients, and contractors. Must be a good communicator.
- Coordinates on-site testing when needed.
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with the plans and specifications for the job to be inspected.
- Inspects materials prior to installation.
- Points out potential problems to the Construction Project Manager, if applicable.
- Must be able to read and interpret construction plans, blueprints and maps.
- Understand and process pay estimates.
- Able to coordinate with the contractor, utility companies, or other on-site users to accomplish project with efficiency.
- Must be able to perform routine design calculations under the supervision of a professional engineer.
- Must be able to aid in the preparation of opinion of costs.
- Must be able to understand engineering principals and apply them.
- Must be able to follow and carry out specific instructions on an independent basis.
- Must be able to interpret and implement company mandated safety policies.
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks as defined in quality manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school/GED diploma.
- General knowledge of construction.
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Ability to perform physical work (i.e. strenuous walking, lifting 50+ pounds Catch Basin grates and MH covers, hauling equipment, etc.)
- Must work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
Moore Engineering, Inc. is now occupying its new West Fargo location at 925 10th Ave. E., and will be previewing their facility with a...