Astronics Advanced Electronic Systems (AES) in Redmond, Washington is a $100M division of Astronics Corporation (ATRO). AES is an industry leader in aircraft electrical power systems, including generation and distribution. Our markets include commercial transport (Boeing and Airbus), business jet (several), and military platforms. We are the world leader in in-seat power for laptops and other devices with our EmPower® product line. We are also the world’s leading innovator of electronic circuit breakers and power distribution systems for business jets with our CorePower® product line. Astronics’ revenues have grown at a 41% average growth rate over the last 5 years. Astronics AES has over 300 employees, and has won awards as the best place to work on the Seattle Eastside for 7 years consecutively.
Perform complex technical tasks to assist engineers with electronic systems and technical activities relating product development. Excellent test and troubleshooting skills, product familiarity, and independent judgment. Requires minimal supervision.
Major Job Activities:
- Assist engineers with; fabrication and assembling electronics subassemblies for prototype models from schematics, drawings, and verbal instructions.
- Perform calibration checks on electronic instruments; troubleshoot electronics system failures at the component level to determine cause and remedy for malfunctioning.
- Conduct routine engineering tests and detailed experimental testing; solve mechanical or electronics problems involved in the operation of the product; and otherwise assist in general laboratory work.
- Provide work leadership to lower level technicians. Work is distinguished by its technical complexity and versatility.
- Perform tests and record data with a minimum of supervision.
- Write simple procedures for test or calibration as assigned by project team leader.
- Write simple reports that conclude the results of testing as assigned by the project team leader.
- Associate's degree
- Four years related experience, Aerospace industry knowledge a plus.
- Aptitude and experience in board level repair with a bility to work on end items as well as circuit cards.
- Knowledge and previous experience with environmental testing a plus.
- Knowledge in Lean and Five S helpful.
- Relevant power-supply (including high-power) knowledge and experience a plus.
- General computer skills (iERP, Microsoft Office), competency in data base entry and report writing.
Astronics AES is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or marital status.
Notice of Affirmative Action Plan for Individuals with Disabilities and for Veterans of the Vietnam Era
It is policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified personnel at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and veterans of the Vietnam Era.
The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Program is to place qualified individuals with disabilities and Vietnam Era veterans in all job classifications. This Affirmative Action Program is available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company’s EEO Coordinator, Gayle Keenan, in Human Resources, during regular business hours.
If you need an accommodation to apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist you.
Astronics Corporation - 20 months ago