Overview Terex Corporation is a Fortune 500 Company and a global business leader that manufactures a broad range of equipment for the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, mining, shipping, transportation, refining and utility industries. The Company operates in four business segments throughout the world: Aerial Work Platforms, Construction, Cranes, and Materials Processing. Terex offers a complete line of financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. Responsibilities Responsible for supporting operations as a member of the Manufacturing Engineering team. This position will play a critical role with the support and continuous improvement of manufacturing value streams for existing products. This position requires knowledge of manufacturing practices including fabrication and assembly line setup, tooling design, weldment fixturing, and equipment design. Requires an understanding of electrical controls, hydraulics and pneumatics. Requires knowledge of engineering terminology including design specifications, CAD, BOM, equipment and component testing methods, and equipment functionality. Good understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes. Qualifications Candidate must demonstrate/provide the following skills and services:
- High School Diploma.
- Cart maintenance - Experience operating MIG welding equipment
- Cart Maintenance - Experience with steel fabrication equipment: cut-off saws, plasma cutters, grinders
- Excellent problem solving skills (identification and elimination of issues at the root cause).
- Experience operating assembly equipment, troubleshooting of pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical components is desirable.
- Ability to take solution based projects from concept to production (including manual creation and training material).
- Experience with computers, including MS Excel, MS Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to teach others.
- Ability to work independently, competently and within a team.
- Willing to learn and implement process/product improvements.
- Ability to teach, develop, document, update and improve production processes
- Flexibility to work overtime
- Ability to work well under compressed time constraints and manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and schematics.
- Computer aided drafting experience is a plus, preferably Solid Works
- Understanding and belief in lean manufacturing principles and the Terex Operating System.
- Experience or familiarity with 3P, 7 Ways, Prototyping, Simulations, Kaizen and the PDCA cycle to make improvements is desirable.
Position and pay based on candidate experience.