This position is responsible for, but not limited to, contributing to varied projects and products for the development of products, manufacturing processes or production equipment. This position will be assigned a wide range of development tasks to support the technical needs of the Company. This position is typically considered an entry level, associates degree or equivalent experience position.
- Analyze and improve existing products, equipment, processes, or designs as assigned.
- Develop products, manufacturing methods and processed in the production of components and methods to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Investigate, establish and implement requirements for equipment, tooling, materials and methods of manufacturing, including facility layout as required for new or revised products.
- Create documentation to support existing products, processes and equipment in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Design and implement products, processes, equipment, and documentation for all new projects.
- Participate in cost reduction and cost of quality programs.
- Assist maintenance in troubleshooting and repair of equipment.
- Assist Operations Managers in solving production constraints.
- Assist Engineering with the design and prototyping of new or modified products.
- Support production and development of new products through independent review, root cause analysis, corrective action, discrepancy handling, and defect prevention.
- Conduct process capability studies, design experiments, conduct studies and analyze to ensure products meet requirements.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn CAD and Pro/Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
- Strong practical technical ability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Associate Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
Laird Technologies recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable them to successfully perform a job function. Should you require such an accommodation, please indicate the job function and suggested accommodation. Laird will attempt to make reasonable accommodation.