EchoStar is hiring an entry level Engineering Technician. The ideal candidate will possess a two year degree or a certification in electronics. This position is perfect for someone who has minimal experience, but a strong interest in testing individual electronic components (caps, resistors, memory IC’s, etc.) both out of circuit and in-circuit to qualify for use in consumer-grade electronics products.
Headquartered in Englewood, CO, EchoStar is a billion dollar company with over 5,000 employees worldwide and more than 25 years of experience designing, developing and distributing award-winning television set-top boxes, services and related delivery products for television. EchoStar Corporation (NASDAQ: SATS) is a premier global provider of satellite operations and digital TV solutions that enhance today's home entertainment lifestyle. It’s wholly owned subsidiary, Hughes, is the world's leading provider of satellite broadband for home and office, delivering innovative network technologies and managed network services for enterprises and governments in more than 100 countries.
Among the many offerings of this combined powerhouse in broadband data and video are HughesNet®, the market's #1 high-speed satellite Internet service; Sling Media's award-winning SlingLoaded® technology; Move Networks' adaptive bit-rate streaming technology; and Troppus’ software suite that combines a Client Application, an Agent Application and a powerful Semantic Knowledge Management System.
- Perform detailed testing of individual components to verify proper operation within Echostar circuit design specifications. This testing entails extensive use of bench test equipment such as DMMs, oscilloscopes, power supplies, loads, and signal generators. This testing is performed on components both in circuit and out-of circuit.
- Ability to design and assemble simple test fixtures and circuits as required.
- Writing of detailed test result reports.
- Set-up, operation, and testing of consumer grade satellite receiver systems
- Basic troubleshooting and failure analysis of satellite receivers and associates systems
- Assembly of various small printed circuit boards (surface mount components), cabling, and simple test fixtures
- Occasional video distribution system wiring and terminating
- One year certificate from College or Technical School or at least three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Associates in Science – Electronics Technology preferred.
Additional Details Benefits of the position
- Experience testing/troubleshooting electronics circuitry to component level. Working knowledge of basic AC / DC electronics, and basic digital / microprocessor electronics circuits
- Associates in Science - Electronics Technology preferred
- Must be able to read and interpret electronic circuit schematics
- Ability to operate a digital multi-meter, digital oscilloscope, and other types of electronic test and measurement equipment
- Soldering experience including surface mount components desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications. Experience with Outlook a plus
- Must be very detail oriented. Requires efficient written and verbal communication skills
- Medical, Health Savings Account, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending options and Employee Assistance Plan
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Training opportunities
- FREE DISH Network Satellite TV System and Programming
- FREE Hughes Network Service
- 50% Discounts on Sling technology and service
- Corporate discounts for retail and personal travel
- Opportunity for a level of responsibility that could take years to reach in other companies
EchoStar - 20 months ago
EchoStar provides satellite services for video transport and digital cinema distribution. Whether delivering multichannel digital services...