Life Cycle Engineering provides engineering, consulting, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for government organizations, private industry, public entities and the military. We are currently seeking an experienced Engineering Technician IV (Mechanical) to join our Engineering Services Group in Norfolk, Virginia.
Job description includes, but not limited to:
- Provide assessment status and operational checks of equipment and systems which include;
- Identify and document system and/or equipment problems
- Correct and/or repair identified discrepancies and required corrective actions
- Identify and document design problems
- Identify and document logistic support deficiencies and recommend corrective actions
- Develop and provide on-the job training (OJT) to Ships Force personnel
- Verify configuration data and existing 2 Kilos for accuracy
- Develop test specifications
- Assist Ship’s Force and/or involved Navy Technical Activities with testing and grooming of systems and equipment.
- Twelve (12) years of experience in the operation, repair and maintenance of naval or marine propulsion and auxiliary equipment including: six (6) years of experience in a position of team leader or coordinator over a subordinate work force involved in the physical maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment or systems
- Five (5) years of experience with 600 PSI or 1200 PSI steam propulsion, diesel propulsion or gas turbine propulsion and auxiliary equipment including qualification as engineering officer of the watch; two (2) years of experience in availability planning, modernization, repair and testing of shipboard equipment and systems; four (4) years of experience in administration of the Navy 3-M and supply system; one (1) year experience as a technical instructor or as an IMA quality assurance inspector.
- The specialized experience shall demonstrate the individual’s ability to:
- Work independently
- Supervise technical personnel in performance of operation, maintenance, modification and repair
- Provide on the job training to technical personnel in operation, repair and maintenance (including use of test equipment)
- Must be a U. S. citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a Secret security clearance.
Life Cycle Engineering - 12 months ago