PRIMARY FUNCTION :
With supervision, perform laboratory and field testing of construction materials.
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Work independently performing testing services in the following areas:
· Perform field testing and/or observations of construction materials, including concrete, soils, masonry, asphalt and reinforcing steel.
· Report field test results.
· Assist work coordinators in laboratory tests of construction materials.
· Communication with project manager, client, and contractor.
· Maintain equipment in a clean working order.
· Follow all safety procedures.
JOB CONTEXT :
The services are performed to the standards of industry including ASTM, AISC and ACI as well as the state laws governing professional services All Services will be performed in accordance with AET's QA/QC procedures. The objective is to provide high quality services at a fair price, while maintaining costs to provide "plan" margin.
· Performing field tests of construction materials – expected to consume 70% of the work day.
· Performing laboratory tests on construction materials – can consume up to 30% of the work day.
· Test reports – expected to consume 10% of the work day.
· Communication with project manager – expected to consume 5% of the work day.
· Laboratory maintenance – expected to consume 5% of the work day.
· Maintain equipment in clean working order.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
· High school diploma (or equiv.); AND
· Two-year technical degree in a related field is preferred, OR
· 1+ year related experience is preferred; OR
· 6+ months previous experience as AET Trainee technician (intern/co-op); AND
· Successful completion of technical surveillance is required in certain specialty areas.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS :
· Ability to frequently lift/carry 20-50 pounds and occasionally lift/carry 50-100 pounds. Heavier weight requires 2-person or assisted lift.
· Many duties outdoors and away from main office/laboratory location.
· Position requires standing/walking most of the day with frequent bending, stooping possible.
· Maintain a valid driver’s license, appropriate auto insurance coverage and acceptable driving record.
· Must have personal vehicle for business use.
· Occasionally work nights, weekends and/or out-of-town projects.
Proud to be an AA/EEO/Veteran Friendly Employer