Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle family of products including e-readers and tablets.
As an Engineering Technician you will support engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototypes. You will works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions. You will perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Test components, assemble prototypes, measure product performance & provide analysis reports with minimal engineering guidance.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and configuration issues in test fixtures, prototypes, and production products using various electronic lab test equipment.
- Assist in production test fixture updates including hardware revisions and software installation & configuration.
- Confer with engineers, production personnel and others to generate test procedures and work instructions.
- Design automated test systems including hardware control, calculations, results analysis, and reporting using LabView & other software languages.
- Troubleshoot circuits to component level.
- Troubleshoot assemblies.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- 2 year technical degree in electronic technology or related field.
- Experience as an engineering technician in a high technology environment.
- Experience in prototype fabrication, troubleshooting test systems, data analysis & reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to work and thrive in a multi-project, multi-deadline environment.
- Engineering basic knowledge: mechanical, electrical, software.
- Working knowledge of computers, their interfaces, and add-on boards.
- Working knowledge of electronic test equipment, hand tools, and metal fabrication machinery.
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
- LabView programming.
- Demonstrated analytical, written, and oral communications skills.
- Self-motivated to learn new technologies.
- Ability to follow directions, work independently, and follow through on tasks to completion.
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...