Lighting Control & Design (LC&D), an Acuity Brands company, was founded in 1987 in response to demand from building owners and the engineering community for a more user friendly lighting control system. LC&D utilizes the best that technology has to offer to manufacture simple, yet flexible lighting controls. With projects spanning the globe, LC&D has the products and the support to make any size project go smoothly. Please visit www.lightingcontrols.com for more information on LC&D.
Currently we have an opening for Engineering Technician in our Chatsworth, CA office.
Our Engineering Technician is responsible to construct prototype circuits and controls and is responsible for troubleshooting electronic circuits and conducting tests to verify electronic design. The Technician is responsible for: working with hardware/software engineers to conduct testing to verify concepts, constructing test fixtures, maintaining engineering test lab and equipment, performing validation tests and communicating results.
The ideal candidate is bright, creative and motivated to excel. Educational requirements include a Technical or Associates Degree. Experience in lighting, controls or electrical products highly preferred. The individual must possess a sense of urgency, be results orientation, strong communication skills, ability to work in a team environment and a mindset for continuous improvement. Acuity Brands offers a friendly supportive work environment, excellent benefits, and strong career growth opportunities.
- 7 to 10 years plus the education listed below.
- Experience in electronic controls development and knowledge of fundamental electrical engineering principles. Ability to read and interpret schematics and wiring diagrams to construct circuits, controls and testers. Ability to understand and use various lab equipment (including oscilloscopes, multi-meters, data acquisition devices, frequency generators and others as needed) required in troubleshooting and testing electronic controls. Ability to interpret test data and provide input to the hardware designer(s) on circuit analysis. Good communication skills. Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
- Technical or Associates Degree
- Requires sufficient visual acuity, dexterity and coordination to solder/desolder electronic components ranging from large through-hole to fine pitch surface mount.
- 51-60% of time spent operating equipment such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, thermocouple temperature reading instruments, compressed air equipment, and air and water pressure gauges.
And a booming voice cried out, "Let there be light," and Acuity Brands replied, "Okay, sure." Acuity Brands, through...