At Medivators, our 35+ years in business reflects growth, stability and a strong history of innovation. We are a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of medical device products and currently have a new opening for the position of Engineering Technician.
Our Medivators Procedural (located in Conroe, TX) group designs, manufactures and sells an innovative array of disposable infection control products intended to eliminate the need of sterilizing and reusing numerous components used in gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy procedures.
Primary responsibilities include assisting Manufacturing Engineers in day to day tasks in support of new and existing production processes and product changes. This involves writing Engineering Change Notices, Manufacturing Procedures, rework instructions, following up with document signatures, assisting the Manufacturing department in requests related to processes and/or products. Other responsibilities include modeling and drafting products and components using a 3D CAD system, building prototypes, testing, report writing, manufacturing process monitoring and manufacturing process troubleshooting. The Engineering Technician is responsible for performing duties as directed by the Manufacturing Engineers.
- Works independently on projects and/or tasks assigned by Manufacturing Engineers
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD modeling software
- With the guidance of Manufacturing Engineers is able to write Engineering Change Orders, rework instructions, Manufacturing Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, comprehensive protocols for validations, write test reports, and conduct process validation tests for new and/or existing manufacturing processes
- Prepares samples for testing and perform testing as required by Engineering protocols
- Actively participate in Lean Continuous Improvement events
- Assists in Technical File documentation
- Provides engineering technical support to manufacturing, quality control, as necessary
- Researches alternative components and equipment
- Troubleshoot manufacturing processes and/or equipment
- Understanding and application of Medivators Quality System requirements for products
- Works well with others in a team environment across all levels of the organizations
- High School diploma required
- Some College preferred
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, 3D CAD, cGMP, mechanical assembly, electronics, molding, machining, and technical writing is a strong plus
- Is able to manage time effectively
- Is able to communicate ideas effectively
- Technical Skills:
- Lean Manufacturing
- 3D CAD design
- Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Project)
- Knowledge of 21 CFR 820 and ISO 13485
- “Hands-on” work style
Cantel Medical Corporation - 23 months ago
Cantel Medical Corporation (Cantel) is a provider of infection prevention and control products in the healthcare market. The Company...