Hologic, Inc. (NASDAQ: HOLX) is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium diagnostics, medical imaging systems, and surgical products dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of women throughout the world. Historically, Hologic developed, manufactured, and marketed products focused on mammography, breast care, and osteoporosis assessment. Our core business units are focused on breast health, diagnostics, GYN surgical, and skeletal health. For more information visit www.hologic.com
This engineering team member will be responsible for contributing to the design and development of new products, performing complex technical tasks to assist engineers with designs and systems. This contribution will include manufacturing and maintenance of prototype devices, testing and documentation, and the individual may be called upon to support clinical cases. Tasks would also include organization of the prototype lab area and material inventory. Individual will work hand-in-hand with the project leader and will serve as a trainer with production personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Build and service prototype devices including
o Devises, fabricates and assembles new or modified components or assemblies for products.
o Simple machining
o Gluing and bonding of delicate parts
o Soldering of electrical components
o Mechanical assembly
o Decontamination of used products
o Use of microscope, DC power supply and other similar equipment
o Maintenance of project files
o Testing reports
o Incoming inspection reports
o Reviews project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem, and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
o Drafts detail drawing or sketch for documentation completion.
o Prototype work orders
· Engineering and design support
o Sets up and conducts tests of components, sub-assemblies, and complete units under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data for development, standardization, and quality control.
o Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to design or rated specifications and test objectives, and assists in design modifications to meet specifications.
o Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
o Shipping and receiving parts
o Testing prototype devices and reporting results
o Suggest modifications to improve performance, reduce costs, increase reliability, etc.
· Lab and inventory organization
o Order and track raw materials
o Maintain parts inventory
o Keep the lab clean and orderly
· Potential for travel
o Provide technical support to hospitals and physicians including participation in operating room cases
§ Potential for overnight, air travel within and outside the US
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Associates in a technical field or equivalent work experience
· 3 plus years of engineering technician experience
· Lab or shop experience desired
· Able to work with standard Microsoft Office computer software
· Strong hand skills using various tools
· Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with staff at all levels
· Demonstrated problem-solving skills
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Demonstrates trustworthiness, respect and integrity
· Works well with direction, but can work independently
· Friendly and outgoing people skills with a professional manner and attitude
· Strong multitasking and creative thinking skills
· Able to work under pressure while maintaining a positive and enthusiastic attitude
· Strong organizational skills
· Associates or equivalent work experience
· Lab or shop experience desired
· Computer Aided Design experience desired
- Experience with Medical Device regulations strongly preferred
Hologic - 20 months ago