The Engineering Technician will provide planning and estimating services in support of the Engineering and Planning Department in the areas of shipboard mechanical systems, electrical systems, structural maintenance and inspection, or naval vessel combat systems. Employee will support these areas by preparing and reviewing Advanced Industrial Management (AIM) planning and technical work documents. This work includes material research and ordering, preparing Quality Assurance (QA) documents, Advanced Technical Information Support (ATIS) & Ship’s Drawing Index (SDI) drawing research, compiling Allowance Parts Lists (APL), drafting Submarine Maintenance Standards (SMS), and completing Unrestricted Operations/Maintenance Requirement Cards (URO/MRC).
Education & Experience
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
(1) Material research and ordering
(2) Preparing Quality Assurance (QA) documents in conjunction with DM2.
(3) PC bolt torque calculations using PSNS program
(4) ATIS, CITIS & SDI drawing research
(5) Compiling Allowance Parts Lists (APL)
(6) Drafting Submarine Maintenance Standards (SMS)
(7) Completing Unrestricted Operations/Maintenance Requirement Cards (URO/MRC).
(8) Experience in AIM & Trouble Desk
Physical Demands & Expectations
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, reaching, standing and prolonged sitting
- Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance
- Ability to use phone and computer systems, copier, fax and other office equipment