Do you :
Want to work on technical challenging projects?
Crave the opportunity to learn new things?
Want to have control over what direction your career turns?
Then you should work at Moog, Inc.
We are the Medical Device division of Moog - a global organization that operates in 23 countries. Our expertise lies in applying advanced technologies to the precision control of motion and fluids. Underlying this expertise is a set of values and beliefs that guides our actions: we pride ourselves on solving challenging problems that make a difference; we strive to be flexible to our customers’ unique needs; we do what we say we’ll do; and we believe close working relationships provide better results.
The Medical Devices Group designs, manufactures, and distributes industry-leading enteral feeding, infusion, and post-operative pain management pumps, fluid sensing and control solutions, and surgical hand pieces.
We have a current opening for an Engineering Technician with an Associate’s degree or four years related experience. Our culture is based upon mutual trust and respect, and we hire capable people and let them do their jobs. Sound good? Here’s the details:
Assist Engineers with the associated activities related to MMDG product engineering
• Assist in writing test procedures
• Execute testing per established procedures, record results per established laboratory practices, analyze data and actively work with engineers to finalize the test results
• Assist with investigating product failures via active product performance testing
• Assist with the design and qualification of test fixtures that may be used by engineering and manufacturing
• Assist with Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s), Non-Conforming Reports (NCR/s), Corrective Actions, Technical Reports, Assembly Instructions, Verification/Validation Reports, and other important engineering documentation. Verifying labels for accuracy
• Support the label printing operation with specific assigned tasks associated with creating new labels and formats that interact with specialized label printers
Help maintain Laboratory and Laboratory equipment
• Ensure Engineering Lab is free of clutter and is neat in appearance
• Ensure lab equipment is in working order and is in calibration
• Ensure lab and equipment meets applicable safety requirements
• Ability to accurately interpret written test procedures
• Basic mechanical knowledge of electro-mechanical assemblies and test equipment
• Use various electronic equipment and software to complete tasks
• Knowledge of office software (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Ability to effectively communicate via email/telephone
• Ability to effectively follow verbal instructions from department engineers
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds on a repeated basis
• Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) / Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
• Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
• Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
• Able to succeed in highly regulated compliance oriented environment while still providing service excellence
Assist Label Department
• Ensure label formats are accurate and designed to interface with label printing equipment
• Assist with label design and implement ECR’s for new or modified labels
• Assist as a back-up for printing production labels when needed
• Ensure the label department is following MMDG procedures
Other Required Skills:
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Equal Opportunity Employer
We work on some of the world’s most exciting technical projects, creating products that challenge the limits of what’s possible,...