Powdermet, Inc. is a world leader in the production of nanoengineered metallic composites, committed to maturing and transitioning clean, sustainable, energy and life-saving advanced materials solutions to the marketplace.
Powdermet develops, matures and transitions breakthrough materials innovations that enable reduced weight, reduced resource consumption, reduced environmental footprint, reduced life-cycle costs and increase energy efficiency based on value creation gained through engineered nano-scale features and hierarchically structures of metal and/or ceramic phases in a structure.
We are currently searching for an Engineering Technician with the capability to perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot and operate facility equipment to meet the demands of a fast paced research and development team research.
BS preferred (Chemistry, Maintenance Sciences or Engineering) or high school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or appropriate field experience
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience handling powder and hazardous materials. Understanding of hydraulic systems and electrical wiring diagrams
- Basic use of hand tools
- Experience with chemicals and mechanical devices
- Ability to interpret plumbing and instrumentation diagrams (PID)
- Good reading, writing and communication skills (maintains a lab notebook)
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with a diverse research team to perform a variety of test work within a thermal coating and ceramic applications environment
- Maintain a laboratory notebook for all research testing
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, diagrams, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Temperature Control Programming
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Must be a self-starter
- Capable of lateral thinking and multi-tasking
- Comfortable working to problem solve utilizing multiple resources
- Disciplined enough to help keep projects on schedule
- 3 years ago - save job
Powdermet Inc. was founded in 1996 for the express purpose of utilizing Fluidized Bed Chemical Vapor Deposition (FBCVD) to provide advanced,...