Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) is a recognized leader in providing Information Technology, Engineering Services, Program Management and Consulting Services. For over 20 years, PSS has enabled Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. PSS provides a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing local Federal sector workforce. We offer an excellent compensation package which includes a generous salary, insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.), paid leave (holiday, sick, vacation, maternity, etc.), 401k plan (employer matching contribution), tuition reimbursement, computer purchase programs and more. PSS is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer (M/F/D/V) who is committed to hiring a diverse talented team of professional to provide world class services and products aimed at exceeding our customer’s expectations.
PSS, Inc. is actively seeking an Engineering Technician to join our team located in Oak Ridge, TN .
Roles & Responsibilities
- Candidate will be responsible for installing, integrating, testing, training, and maintaining a complex, mission critical suite of hardware and other systems.
- Candidate will troubleshoot failures and document them as appropriate.
- Candidate will work with software developers and Government personnel as needed for effectively resolving all system issues.
· Associates degree in computer technology or 2 years of full-time work experience in high performance computer field that can be substituted for the AA degree.
· Must have experience with an understanding of the concepts, procedures and guidelines necessary to solve highly complex problems in the maintenance of hardware/software infrastructure.
· Experience performing system set-up, experiments and diagnostics to evaluate printed circuit board exchanges, and troubleshoot and make component repairs based on test results.
· Knowledge and experience using UNIX or Linux Operating Systems, using the command line interface to follow SOPs.
· Experience in electronics component repair.
· Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
· Ability to lift ~50lbs.
· Willingness to work 12-hour rotating shifts.
Active Top Secret SCI with Polygraph Clearance (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required).
Preferred Systems Solutions - 19 months ago