1) Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
2) Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
3) Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
4) Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
5) Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
6) Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence
7) Prepare budgets, bids, and contracts, and direct the negotiation of research contracts.
8) Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm.
9) Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
10) Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
11) Present and explain proposals, reports, and findings to clients.
12) Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
13) Set scientific and technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management.
14) Administer highway planning, construction, and maintenance.
15) Plan, direct, and coordinate survey work with other staff activities, certifying survey work, and writing land legal descriptions.
16) Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
17) Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
18) Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
19) Establishes and maintains a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) for tracking work orders,
spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
20) Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant
operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
21) Supervises plant maintenance personnel.
22) Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective
22) Communicates regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues.
23) Assists with hiring of maintenance personnel.
24) Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians.
25) Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
26) Ensures that all maintenance technicians are trained on the most updated version of the operating procedures.
27) Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems.
28) Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
29) Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
This is a partial list of required duties and responsibilities. The performance of other duties not listed may be become necessary as business conditions dictate.
8 years engineering
4+ years of Experience with repairs and maintenance of processing equipment.
5 + years management
AutoCAD deep knowledge
Proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets.
CMM certification is a plus.
Electrical and plc skills
BS mechanical engineering
MS mechanical engineering is a plus
Lean Manufacturing is a plus
3+ years design engineering