A copy of official or unofficial transcripts are required for this position. You can upload transcripts in your applicant profile. A cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position is required. You can upload a cover letter when you create an applicant profile.
The Duties include teaching a full range of developmental and college level English courses, including English composition. Assist in program building and articulation with universities and high schools. This position is with the Albany County Campus (ACC) of Laramie County Community College (LCCC). The ACC is located in Laramie, Wyoming, a community that is shared with the University of Wyoming and that is fifty miles from the main LCCC campus in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Salary and Benefits: For full listing of benefits and faculty salary schedule, visit http://lccc.wy.edu/about/humanresources/benefits .
Priority Screening Date: Position is open until filled. Priority screening to begin March 11, 2013.
Starting Date: As soon after hiring process as practical.
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge of English discipline
- Evaluate student performance fairly and consistently and return student work promptly to promote maximum learning
- Participate in ongoing, systematic, and documented assessment of student learning for all courses, programs, and the College’s general education core abilities
- Become familiar with and comply with all College policies and procedures
- Participate in College, division, and program activities
- Contribute to the growth and enhancement of the College’s mission and programs
- Master's Degree in English
- Two years of higher education teaching experience in discipline
- Ph.D. in English
- Two or more years of community college teaching experience in English
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.