Full time position (1.0 FTE) ANY POSITION ADVERTISED AUGUST 15 TH OR LATER WILL BE A ONE-YEAR CONTRACT ONLY.
TEACHING POSITION: Requires Alaska teaching certificate with appropriate endorsement (s) (for information visit: http://www.eed.state.ak.us/TeacherCertification ). When appropriate, must be willing and able to test for the NCLB "highly qualified" standard(s).
Do you want to make a difference in education and work in a beautiful community?
Position Summary : The position requires flexibility and the ability to work on a team of colleagues in multiple settings. Behavior management skills, ability to communicate with many individuals, and knowledge of and ability to implement strategies and assessments for diverse students is essential. Previous experience working on a team in a professional learning community and working with under-performing students, team teaching, integrated content, project-based instruction, authentic and performance-based assessments, and integration of technology preferred. Candidate needs to be able to consistently implement team-established structures in addition to school-wide policies. Minimum Requirements :
Preferred Requirements :
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in English OR 30 university-level semester credits in English.
- Valid Alaska teaching certificate with a secondary English endorsement, or the ability to get an Alaska teaching certificate upon hire.
- Must be willing and able to meet the requirements of the federal highly-qualified standards to become highly-qualified in English.
Compensation : Salary is dependent on experience and education. We offer an excellent benefit package including; medical, dental, vision and the Teachers Retirement System (TRS) plan. For information regarding benefits please visit our website at: http://www.juneauschools.org/hr/current_employees/benefits_information . To view our FY13 Teachers salary schedule, visit http://www.juneauschools.org/hr/employee/salary_schedules .
- Master's degree in education desired.
- Recent experience teaching high school English.
To apply : Please visit www.juneauschools.org/hr and complete an electronic application.
k12jobspot.com - 13 months ago