POSITION SUMMARY |
This position is responsible for adult program assisting the enrollment team and the adult program in general by assisting with administrative tasks relevant to the successful operation of the program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs clerical and administrative functions such as word processing, data input, file management, and preparation of correspondence to support the campus marketing and enrollment process.
- Performs student recruitment activities by conducting telephone follow up with students to answer routine inquiries, schedule meetings and appointments, and other related information. This also includes providing assistance with incoming telephone calls and walk-ins as needed.
- Compiles, generates, and distributes correspondence and reports to staff in a timely and effective manner. This may include providing research assistance and/or preparing moderately complex calculations required in marketing compensation reports to staff members on a weekly basis.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of marketing and/or promotional materials such as informational packets, flyers, brochures, and other campus literature. This includes assisting with ordering and maintaining inventory for all department material, following established departmental guidelines and procedures.
- May assist in coordinating special events as assigned or directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- One or two years of experience in a customer service position preferred. Must be able to interact well with both internal and external constituents.
- Must have the ability to follow oral and written directions as they relate to the functions listed above.
- Must be able to pay attention to details
- Must be self-directed and able to take on additional responsibilities as required.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and effective manner.
- Must have sufficient oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills to assist internal and external customers with inquiries, schedule meetings and appointments, as well as, provide assistances with incoming telephone calls and walk-ins, as described above.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office and comfortable with computer usage and a multi-line phone system.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Commits to doing the best job possible. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Makes timely decisions.
- Organization Support - Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values.
- Planning & Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Integrates changes smoothly. Sets goals and objectives. Works in an organized manner.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.