Serves as Enrollment Counselor representative in the recruitment of new students for Bethel University through identifying, qualifying, and cultivating of prospective students.
- Help recruit in-career leaners for Bethel University’s distinctive adult undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Enrollment Counselor is a subject matter expert who is able to provide accurate program and admissions information in keeping with best practices for adult students. S/he is responsible for qualifying assigned leads. Enrollment Counselor conducts prospect interviews, assesses goals and needs, and serves as a guide and encourager during the application and enrollment process. Coordinates the admissions processes in a timely and efficient manner.
- The Enrollment Counselor is tasked with managing the transfer of trust of accepted students, in collaboration with the Orientation Specialist and Learner Success Advisor, in order to ensure an enrollment process marked by ease and excellence. Collaborates with internal partners as student need dictates.
- Responsible for meeting recruiting and retention goals and maintaining data using University provided tools to performance goals. Recording prospect/applicant interactions (email, calls, chats, visits, etc.) using University provided technology is required in order to ensure a quality experience for all prospects.
- Schedule, organize, and travel to represent Bethel University in a professional manner at recruiting events in a variety of diverse venues including colleges and businesses. Communicate program information and the application process during recruiting events. Facilitate breakout groups at CAPS/GS sponsored recruiting events.
- Collaborate with management team and colleagues to provide optimal recruiting experience for students.
- Must be a proven self-starter and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be detail-oriented and have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple duties.
- Must have shown a proven ability to manage details.
- Individual must be able to handle sensitive, confidential information in a mature, professional manner.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Two years of experience emphasizing public relations, sales, and organizational skills with proven ability to facilitate varied groups of individuals and multiple projects. Prior experience in a higher education desirable.
Baccalaureate degree required (Masters preferred).
First priority given to applications received by May 24, 2013.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs. and travel required. Must be physically able to carry suitcases and large recruiting displays across large parking lots and up and down flights of stairs.
- Must be willing to travel and work non-routine hours as needed during certain times of the year.
- Some weekends and evenings required for recruiting events.
Office of Human Resources
3900 Bethel Drive
St. Paul, MN 55112
Bethel University - 16 months ago