Working directly with personnel from enrollment management, and utilizing the expertise and resources of Enrollment Management, Institutional Research and Information Technology, the incumbent is responsible for implementing the research and reporting agenda for enrollment management in accordance with each unit's strategic goals and objectives. Activities include data quality initiatives, data-warehousing strategies, and other data management activities, data analysis, and report development leveraging such tools as Tableau Software, ARGOS, Banner, PL/SQL and the university data warehouse (Estudias).
While focused on the needs of enrollment management, the Enrollment Management Data Analyst the incumbent works closely with colleagues from Institutional Research and Information Technology to ensure that all reporting meets the highest standards of accuracy and technical efficiency. This close collaboration ensures that data, coming from single source, are consistent across all University reports, and that they are in compliance with all Federal and State requirements and standards.
The University of the Incarnate Word is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful interaction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self realization, and the common good.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1) Assisting with the development and maintenance of live and historical data interfaces from Banner to the UIW data warehouse
2) Collaborating with offices of Institutional Research, Enterprise Systems, Recruitment and Admissions, Financial Assistance and other enrollment management offices to develop and maintain reporting needs
3) Expanding and sustaining automated processes and interactive reporting capabilities to the university community, including providing training opportunities for end users
4) Assisting with the continuous improvement of data quality and related audit processes for the university Banner system and the UIW data warehouse
5) Maintaining excellent communication with management on all tasks and projects, to include information resource documentation
6) Performing other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in information sciences, information management, or related field
1) Have an intermediate knowledge of programming and SQL database queries
2) Have an intermediate to advanced knowledge of building complex electronic reports
3) Have expertise working in a higher education setting, which includes working with enrollment management processes and reporting needs
4) Have expertise with information technology, along with the ability to communicate those subjects to those with less or no expertise
5) Have experience with project management and data warehouse concepts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1) Knowledge of programming and SQL database queries and best practices for electronic reporting
2) Knowledge of enrollment management processes, principles, and reporting needs
3) Knowledge of data quality best practices, especially as it relates to data warehousing and historical snapshot needs.
4) Knowledge of MS Office suite and other business intelligence tools.
Required Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations
1) Master's degree in information sciences, information management, or related field
2) Have experience working with SungardHE Banner
3) Have experience working with ZogoTech Estudias
4) Have knowledge of Noel-Levitz products and services
5) Be proficient with Microsoft Office (Access, Excel) and other informational software packages, including the business intelligence tool Tableau Software.
6) Have experience within an Institutional Research office is a plus.
Department: Institutional Research
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay Basis: No Response
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The University of the Incarnate Word is an equal opportunity employer and as such provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement of all employees without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or veteran status.
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Required Applicant Documents
HigherEdJobs - 13 months ago
The University of the Incarnate Word was founded in 1881 by the Sisters of Charity whose mission was devoted to the caring of the sick and h...