POSITION SUMMARY: |
With limited supervision, this position is responsible for advising undergraduate and graduate students regarding admissions and degree completion requirements as well as enrolling students for the Universitys graduate and undergraduate program. This includes developing academic plans for degree or certificate completion following established guidelines.
- Conducts student appointments to disseminate course and program information to new or potential students. This includes advising students or potential students with respect to admissions, degree options, requirements, and progress, including the transfer and application of current academic credits, as well as providing information on university policy, practices, and rules.
- Recruits students for graduate and undergraduate programs by calling on prospective students, disseminating University course information and enrolling students. Ensures new students are oriented to University policies and services prior to enrollment.
- Participates in the development of opportunities that will result in lead generation. Ensures leads are qualified and interested in entering a program of study.
- Conducts the activities necessary for proper advising of undergraduate and graduate students with the maximum amount of efficiency and accuracy possible.
- May call on corporations to generate interest in University classes and degree and certificate programs through outbound phone calls, written communications, or personal visits. Ensures new students are oriented to University policies and services prior to Enrollment.
- May assist in the development and implementation of approved marketing campaigns to prospective students to generate interest in University classes, certifications, or degree programs as needed.
- May support re-entry and retention campus philosophy.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally. Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form. Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Dependability - Responds to requests for service and assistance. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Commits to doing the best job possible. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality.
- Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Keeps abreast of current developments. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Uses resources effectively.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Makes timely decisions.
- Organization Support - Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values.
- Planning & Organization - Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Plans for additional resources. Integrates changes smoothly. Sets goals and objectives. Works in an organized manner.
Must possess a thorough knowledge of higher education market and industry. A bachelors degree is strongly preferred. Must have successfully completed the Student Advisory Workshop to be able to impart information to students regarding program offerings, admission requirements, graduation requirements, credit transfer, related university processes, and general university services as described above.
Successful sales or marketing experience with one on one interaction is highly preferred. Experience developing sales and marketing strategy highly preferred.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
CareerBuilder - 17 months ago