Enterprise Architecture (EA) enables the execution of strategic planning by defining current and future states of the business and technology, the roadmaps and transition plans to bridge the two states and the governance function to support projects that move the organization to the future state. The EA function assists both the Information Technology and Business communities with architectural assets and experience to assist in asset optimization, process improvement, increased project delivery speed and quality. A key enabler used in the EA function is a centralized repository to store architectural views of applications, systems, infrastructure, reference architecture patterns, processes, capabilities, organizations via models and diagrams. This company has standardized on the EA product suite from Mega International which is named by Gartner as a Magic Quadrant Leader in both its Enterprise Architecture and Business Process Analysis (BPA) product categories. Mega is an object-oriented, deep semantic, central repository-based modeling tool based on the OMG Meta Object Facility (MOF) 2.0 standard. All objects on diagrams are based on a well defined meta-model with defined meta-classes, meta-attributes and meta-associations. Since all objects on and including diagrams are stored in a centralized repository, the modeling tool, the web portal, the query tool and the API can all be used to query all the objects and their relationships to create innovative, powerful analytical dashboard and reporting capabilities.
The Senior Mega Modeler will have a key role in creating repository content, leading modeling projects and ensuring modeling quality. Utilizes and extends modeling standards. Creates analytical outputs, performs basic imports/exports and ad-hoc queries. Creates and delivers Mega training. Mentors new modelers and provides functional support to modeling community. Performs governance audit activities.
• Possesses an expert level knowledge of the EA modeling tools and processes required by the role
• Functions well in large-scale, complex, cross-functional / platform environment
• Solid individual performance while also providing direction for others
• Shares knowledge, coaches and mentors others in area of expertise
• Will serve as technical lead in area of expertise
• Will have duties instructing, directing, and checking the work of others
• Spearheads the development, implementation and communications of Architecture Roadmap Strategies to ensure that technical systems are scalable, reliable, secure, supportable, and achieve Business and IT performance and budgetary objectives.
• Presents Architecture concepts and ideas both verbally and in writing to executive staff, business sponsors and technical staff to ensure that all of IT and its business clients understands and supports the Architecture direction.
• Leads cross-functional team efforts to define Architecture roles for strategic and tactical projects to ensure that alignment to Architecture Roadmap strategies are achieved.
• Provide guidance to IT Infrastructure and Application teams on Architecture’s Framework, Patterns, Best Practices, approved Technologies, and tools/solutions.
• Lead communication effort to ensure that Applications and Infrastructure leaders are fully knowledgeable of new technologies, tools and solutions and their impact to their organizations.
• Lead the Architecture assessment and communications for system retirements and migrations to new platforms.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, business or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years experience in a large-scale, multi-language, multi platform, multi-tier processing environment.
• At least 2 years experience in an enterprise architecture role
• At least 2 years’ experience modeling enterprise applications using a repository-based EA modeling tool such as MEGA
• Demonstrated ability to provide guidance to IT Infrastructure and Application teams on Architecture’s frameworks, patterns, designs and best practices
• Demonstrated ability distinguish and appropriately leverage strategic and tactical perspectives in creating and assessing solutions
We recognize people as our most valuable asset. Our competitive salary and benefits package includes: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, Disability benefits, prescription drug coverage
Advantage Consulting, Inc. is a premier St. Louis, MO based, IT staffing solutions provider. We can partner with you to find the right job for your career objectives. Whether you are looking for contract work or a long-term home, we will help you make the right move. Be part of a winning team! Employees can take Advantage of the ongoing professional IT training! Our customers also enjoy the benefit of knowing that our consultants are the best! Advantage Consulting, Inc. provides quality IT professionals to our customers such as Developers (Java, C++, .Net, etc.), Business Analysts, Database Administrators, Project Managers, Quality Assurance, Testers, System Administrators, Network Administrators, Technical Writers, Helpdesk Support, and many more. Visit us on the web at www.stladvantage.com