The Enterprise Architect is a senior technical leader within the information technology (IT) organization responsible for defining holistic solutions to complex business problems. They bring together an understanding of business and IT strategy, business goals, and domain expertise in across a variety of business and technical domains to define, document, gain consensus, and communicate holistic business and technology solutions for the enterprise. The Enterprise Architect must have experience with a broad range of applications and infrastructure as a subject expert and thought leader, with the ability to design complex business and technical solutions that span multiple business unit and/or functional domains. The Enterprise Architect is a technical leader who is able to determine business requirements, understand technology trends, forecast demand, and synthesize these into innovative solutions that provide enhanced value. The role will work closely with various business leaders, CIOs, program managers, project managers, group and business unit architects, corporate IT service teams, and other strategic partners to define the overall enterprise architecture and technology solutions for Emerson.
The primary location for this job will be in St. Louis, MO. The position may be located at other major Emerson business locations including: Minneapolis, MN; Austin, TX; Columbus, OH; or Chicago, IL. Occasional travel to other Emerson facilities will be required.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Research solutions and technologies to address specific business and technical challenges.
· Select and guide implementation of optimal technical solutions considering functional requirements, cost, and risk.
· Partner with CIOs and group architects to develop technical roadmaps that align their business and technical requirements with those of the corporation.
· Advise other professionals (Project Managers, IT Architects, and business leaders) on tools, technology, and methodology related to the design and development of IT solutions and participates in the evaluation and selection of technology standards.
· Support the definition of enterprise architecture, guidelines, standards, strategies, and policies within the various Emerson IT architecture domains (in-depth knowledge in two or more broad domains including infrastructure, applications, information, etc.
· Maintain knowledge of market trends and developments in server hardware, software, and related and emerging technologies, to provide, recommend, and deliver best practice solutions and standards for the business
· Utilize project management best practices to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
· Deliver results in an environment consisting of diverse partners (organizationally and geographically) and non-dedicated resources
· Form alliances with strategic partners that can be leveraged to add value across the corporation
· Communicate selected architectural standards to Emerson divisions on a worldwide basis utilizing multiple communication channels (e.g. email, web conferences, workshops, etc.)
· Given the diverse nature of Emerson’s systems and applications environment, the following attributes and responsibilities will be common to all architects:
- Working with Emerson Corporate IT, business unit IT, and project teams to design and architect the overall IT solution for business problems.
- Strategic business and technical awareness
- Ability to translate business needs into architecture requirements.
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of architecture alternatives preferred
- Proven ability to develop flexible and scalable solutions to business problems is required
- Ability to balance the long-term ("strategic") and short-term (“tactical”) implications of individual architectural decisions.
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new and/or emerging technologies.
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement of policies, procedures and technology
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Electrical Engineering, or a related field of study
· Masters degree preferred
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
· Minimum of 10 years of progressively increasing technical experience in Information Technology in at least two IT disciplines in a multiple platform environment required (e.g., enterprise architecture, technical architecture, solutions architect, network management, application development, enterprise applications (e.g. ERP, CRM, etc.), middleware/integration, information analysis, database management, or operations
· Minimum of 3 years in architecture role (e.g., project/solution architect, technical architect, information architect, enterprise architect) required
· Understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks (e.g. Gartner, Zachman, TOGAF, and FEAF) preferred
· Familiarity with information systems management practices (e.g. ITIL, CMMI, etc.) preferred
· Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and heterogeneous processing environments required
· Experience with Oracle, Microsoft, and Cisco applications and technologies preferred
· Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) technologies and methods preferred
· Excellent analytical and technical skills required
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
· Excellent planning and organizational skills required
· Strong leadership and management skills in a distributed environment required
· Strong interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation requ ired
Additional Company Information
Emerson (NYSE: EMR) is a diversified global manufacturing and technology company. We offer a wide range of products and services in the industrial, commercial, and consumer markets through its network power, process management, industrial automation, climate technologies, and tools and storage businesses. Recognized widely for our engineering capabilities and management excellence, Emerson has approximately 127,700 employees and 240 manufacturing locations worldwide.
Emerson - 2 years ago
Emerson combines industry knowledge, manufacturing expertise, and technological innovation to offer a broad portfolio of products and...