GE offers a great work environment and challenging careers. GE is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
for all, including minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled.
The Enterprise Application Architect will focus primarily on enterprise application requirements (design, topology, and usage). The Enterprise Application Architect will ensure that the Enterprise Architecture (EA) is aligned to the GE Research strategy, and will evangelize the EA processes and outcomes, and as well as provide application solution architecture leadership to select projects when necessary.
Responsible for the documentation of the current-state EAA (Enterprise Application Architecture), customer requirement gathering, gap analysis, and design for the future-state EAA.
Champions efforts to improve business performance through enterprise information solutions such as Cloud User Experience Simplification, and Architecture Pattern Development.
Champions Agile, Service Oriented Architecture and reusability which are key enablers and core competencies for the GE Global Research IT organization and our business partners.
Ensures that Enterprise Applications at GE Global Research are Lean, well aligned to business processes, cross-platform compatible and easily extensible to meet emerging business needs.
Provides solution architecture expertise to projects with significant impact to the GE Global Research Enterprise Architecture
- Translate strategic requirements into usable Enterprise Application Architecture.
- Develop Cloud-Oriented Application Architecture and design patterns for GE Global Research.
- Provide current state, future state and gap analysis for the GE Global Research Enterprise Architecture.
- Champion Agile development practices and assist in the introduction of Agile processes at GE Global Research.
- Engage in the transformation from a loosely coupled application portfolio to an integrated and resilient enterprise application architecture.
- Look for opportunities to create reusable services and common components in order to accelerate application development and improve application quality.
- Evaluate emerging trends for potential integration into the EAA, partner with research teams to explore the potential applications for these emerging technologies.
- Provide guidance and ensure architectural continuity across one or more of the GR IT strategic program portfolios.
- Provide Solution Architecture expertise to select development efforts and business function specific information architectures.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems or a related field of study with at least 7 years of experience as an application architect.
- In depth experience designing and implementing enterprise-class applications.
- Proven experience aligning information technology services to business goals; setting and exceeding goals and objectives and operational targets.
- Experience with any of the following: System Oriented Architecture (SOA), WSRF, Dynamic Data Masking (DDM), and Cloud-Enabled Application Platform (CEAP).
- Demonstrated analytical, systems design/integration and problem solving skills
- Business domain, application/data/content and process understanding
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- MBA or Master’s Degree in an information management related field.
- Comprehensive understanding of enterprise application architecture requirements (example: performance, scalability, reusability, security, etc.)
- Hands on UX (User Experience) Process/Tool/Design Experience
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks and information models.
- Understanding of the differences between relational modeling and object modeling
- Experience leading agile, Kanban and/or Devops teams.
- Experience building and maintaining a service oriented architecture.
- Experience with SDLC or similar waterfall-based software development process management frameworks.
- Proven experience integrating application, information and technical domain architectures.
- Ability to rapidly evaluate changing technologies and apply them to the business environment.
- Six Sigma Blackbelt certification
- TOGAF, Zachman or similar Enterprise Architecture Methodology experience/certification.
- Ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of IT professionals located in multiple sites, including proven effectiveness working with global teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
- The ability to work well with others and be respected as a though leader.
- Track record of remaining unbiased towards specific technologies or vendors.
- Executive briefing skills.
- Change acceleration and adoption skills.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
GE Careers - 8 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...