As a member of the Appliances & Lighting Application Services team, the Enterprise Architect will drive technical direction for internal infrastructure to meet middleware integrations, ERP implementations, and external web project requirements. This individual will serve as a technical expert in both strategic and tactical scenarios involving third party software implementations and in-house developed applications across a diverse enterprise environment.
• Responsible for strategic direction, evolution, design, documentation, implementation, validation, and support of critical enterprise applications / frameworks.
• Act as lead enterprise architect on ERP implementations and consumer/customer-facing web applications, ensuring solution alignment with defined organizational and industry standards.
• Proactively drive A&L's enterprise architecture and on-going evolution ensuring maintenance of current stability, reliability, performance, flexibility, and capacity.
• New technology adoption, delivering new capabilities and driving value attainment for business users.
• Plan, scope, size, architect, design, prototype, and engineer J2EE or .NET components.
• Plan, scope, size, architect, design, prototype, and engineer SOA composites and BPEL processes.
• Plan, scope, size, architect, design, prototype, and engineer Oracle ERP and SAP ERP implementations.
• Produce detailed functional and technical software specification documents for scalable applications.
• Help establish and drive best practices for maximum code reuse, testability, application integration, performance, reliability, manageability and security.
• Be a key member of the global team providing input into group strategy, motivation, development and thought leadership to IT.
• Provide leadership, motivation, and direction to IT for planning across the Appliances and Lighting application landscape.
• Bachelor's Level Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent field
• Minimum 8 years of experience in design and implementation of application infrastructures and architectures.
• Experience with Structured and Object-Oriented Software Development Methodologies including Requirements Analysis, Object Orient Analysis, Process and Data Modeling, Logical and Physical system design.
• Experience with software and Infrastructure Change Management, Release Management, and Source Code Configuration Control.
• Must have experience as the lead developer or architect on large enterprise-level web applications (e.g. 500+ concurrent users, 5,000+ total users, mission critical, high availability).
• Experience performance tuning J2EE or .NET applications.
• Expertise in middleware and SOA technologies such as Oracle SOA suite, Oracle Service Bus, or Tibco.
• Expert level competency in Unix / Linux, Apache, Tomcat.
• Experience in Unix scripting.
• Ability to reason through complex situations with strength in identifying and mitigating risks.
• Ability to build / maintain strong relationships, effectively partner with peers, and possess excellent verbal / written communication skills.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Experience with Spring MVC.
• Experience in LDAP and SiteMinder.
• Experience with Oracle Weblogic.
• Expertise in Oracle DBMS and SQL.
• Six Sigma Green Belt certified (Internal).
• ITIL certified.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
GE Home & Business Solutions consists of two business segments. Appliances and Lighting.
At GE Appliances, we are imagination at...