Join a leader. Consult with us. Help build a smarter planet along the way.
Every day, the world becomes exponentially more interconnected, digitized and data-aware. The world is getting smarter, triggering unprecedented change. Yesterday’s models no longer equip governments and organizations to capitalize on this change.
At IBM Global Business Services Public Sector, we serve government, healthcare, education, and state and local clients through our Finance & Risk, Business Analytics & Optimization, Strategy & Innovation, Operations & Supply Chain Management, Organization & People, Application Innovation Services (Application Development/Design & Systems Integration), and Enterprise Applications (SAP & Oracle) service lines. Through cutting edge service offerings, we deliver real business value by:
- Bringing together the world’s largest consulting practice with industry-leading research capability.
- Enriching business consulting with advanced research, analytics and technology.
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to plan, build, invent and implement business solutions.
- Establishing new, flexible and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experience and capabilities.
- Leveraging proven road maps and frameworks we have developed across 17 industries.
- Applying IBM's global expertise and local capabilities through our unique global delivery network combined with our teams in over 170 countries.
- Providing an integrated approach to business design and execution turning strategies into actions.
These strengths applied to business issues and opportunities give our clients not only the ability to anticipate change, but also take advantage of new possibilities.
Enterprise Applications Delivery Consultant have primary responsibility for performing some of the following activities: install, monitor, maintain, diagnose, test, configure, set-up, and respond to system activity.
They could also produce entry to mid-level detailed specifications and program design and code based on provided specifications. They may perform analysis leading to enhancements and modifications for temporary or permanent program fixes. They may write test procedures, run test cases and analyze results.
Also, may function as initial contact to provide technical assistance to internal or external users. Assists and works under general supervision in layouts, product support, devices, methods or procedures. Requires some supervision and receives general instructions and typically works within well defined, established processes, procedures and/or guidelines. May be responsible for timeliness and availability of various platforms including client server, and for resolving problems for all network or server components. As required, interface with various network vendors and utilities and utilize the Systems Management Process specific for client. Responsible for maintaining documentation/operating within area of expertise. Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
Successful candidates will possess an associate degree in computer science or related field with the successful completion and application of entry to mid-level computer programming course work. Exposure to enterprise applications, such as SAP, Oracle, or PeopleSoft is desired. Must be able to write code and implement detailed specifications as requested by others. Analytical skills and the ability to work effectively in a team based setting is required.
Are you an IBMer? Join us as we enter a new era in Public Sector consulting. Work with us as we build smarter government, education, and healthcare, and make the world a smarter planet.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Readiness to travel Up to 3 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
- U.S. citizenship required
- English: Basic knowledge
- Associate's Degree/College Diploma in Information Technology
- English : Fluent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 16 months ago
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...