As an Enterprise Architect, you will be a technical leader in the Learning Systems team and will have authority to make technical decisions. This position is expected to perform design activities with an enterprise mindset. This involves understanding the complex interplay between mission critical applications, and the underlying architecture of applications themselves, along with the long term objectives of the business to ensure technology solutions best fit the long term vision of the organization. You will be an advocate of the investment made in creating architecture and the value it brings to the organization.
The Architect will be involved in organizing a team around the architecture and actively contribute to planning activities, show confidence in setting direction for technical team members, act as a mentor and coach to the members of their team, and help in hiring and training of key technical resources of the team. You will work closely with other Architects, Senior through Associate Systems Developers, Project Managers, and Business Analysts to develop or maintain systems as designed. The Architect must be able to make decisions (often under pressure), and ensure those decisions are communicated, understood, and, ultimately, implemented.
As an Architect, you will be responsible for leading the analysis, architectural design and development of custom software applications or integration of off the shelf software to support critical business needs. You will be well versed in best software development practices and propagate this knowledge to all development resources. Some key applications include Capella’s online courseroom, online portal and Mobile Applications, and Capella’s online library.
The Architect must be focused on the delivery of tangible results and must act as the driving force for the project from a technical perspective. The Architect will be expected to work with team supervisors, business owners and Project Managers to ensure alignment of business needs to IT strategies and deliverables. Architects must have skill in business process modeling and improvements’ using proven techniques with measurements of KPI’s and associated tuning parameters needed.
- Lead and facilitate
improvement teams following proven
engineering techniques, leading to improved quality, reduced costs, and ultimately exceeding customer expectations.
- Lead cross-functional teams to define and document existing
- Analyze existing
processes and procedures for efficiency and effectiveness through the use of
modeling and simulation, data analysis, and
inefficiencies with resources and/or workflows and leads
change to improve efficiencies of workflows.
- Creates metrics and toolsets for monitoring the
and ensuring control after implementation of improvements
- Provide overall direction, guidance and definition of an enterprise architecture that effectively supports the Corporate Business Strategy.
- Responsibilities include researching, analyzing, designing, proposing, and delivering solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology.
- Performs analysis, architectural and system design, development, and implementation of modifications to purchased or custom applications.
- Provides level 3 support of development after implementation of enterprise applications.
- Leads technical project team members to create optimal architecture and systems from defined customer requirements based on deep technical knowledge.
- Troubleshoots and recommends solutions to existing production issues.
- Is able to document code and assist in developing end-user support plans.
- Participates in the software selection process for new enterprise applications.
- Provides oversight and general best practice tools and techniques to associate level developers.
- Help in the hiring, training, mentoring and coaching process of key technical resources within the team.
- Participates in the ongoing development of technical best practices with other IT Development staff.
- 10+ years
architecture experience to include strategy impact analysis, conceptual and solution design, planning, solution delivery oversight and solution performance analysis.
- 8+ years in modeling, simulation, and analysis techniques and methodologies.
- 8+ years of industry tools (e.g., capability models and roadmaps,
models, interaction diagrams, use cases,
cases, cost/benefit and ROI analysis).
- Experience with LEAN tools, processing engineering methodologies,
operations, and the key
- Strong knowledge and experience in
modeling and process Improvement. Direct experience working in or with Cisco and six sigma and/or PMP certification is highly desirable. Must be highly organized and have a 'self-starter' attitude.
- An expert at facilitating large, cross-functional work groups
- Ten (10+) years’ experience in software development, systems implementation, and packaged software integrations.
- Ten (10+) years experience with three or more of the following: Java, J2EE, Oracle, SQL, .NET
- Five (5+) years experience leveraging the J2EE application development platform including Hibernate, Struts, Spring, JUnit, etc.
- Associate’s degree (Bachelor’s preferred) from a college or university in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education, experience and area of expertise
225 S. 6
Minneapolis, MN 55402
How To Apply
Click the apply now button and apply to this job opening. You will be prompted to either login using an existing user ID and password or register for a new account.
About Capella University
Capella University is an online university built on graduate degrees, with more than 36,000 students throughout the U.S. and in other countries. Founded in 1993 to provide advanced educational opportunities for working professionals, Capella has become a national leader in online education, offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral programs. The university's success is built upon a culture that promotes human potential, achievement, innovation, integrity, collaboration, and teamwork. Capella Education Company (CPLA), parent company of Capella University, is publicly traded on the NASDAQ. Capella Education Company was named to the Inc. 500 Hall of Fame for being listed as one of the nation's fastest-growing companies for 7 consecutive years. Capella University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, located at 230 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1413, (312) 263-0456,
Equal Employment Opportunity
Capella is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We seek greater diversity in our faculty and staff to broaden our academic experience and to reflect the diversity within our learner community. We value the input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the university and our corporate offices. Our goal is to create academic and business communities that are rich with cultural, social and intellectual diversity. Capella is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Capella University - 2 years ago
Where Academic Excellence is Online
As a regionally accredited institution offering bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degree programs in...