SLAIT Consulting is currently seeking an Enterprise Architect for a contract position with our client in Norfolk, VA.
- Design, implement and grow highly available Java hosting environments for core subscription & payment systems. This role is responsible for the performance and uptime of n-tier commercial and custom applications running on a JEE/Tomcat stack.
- Oversee daily operations of newspaper subscription management system.
- Direct maintenance and configuration activities carried out by Operations engineers.
- Profile running applications, identify bottlenecks and work with Development to optimize code.
- Review OS, container and JVM parameters, propose and implement fine-tuning.
- Plan and execute routine tests of disaster recovery processes.
- Facilitate code deployments and troubleshoot production issues.
Thank you for your consideration, please submit your resume today! Visit us at www.slaitconsulting.com
- BS in CS/IT/EE or equivalent work experience.
- 6 years experience working in large enterprise or ISP environments.
- Expert level skills with Java/JEE and servlet containers, preferably Tomcat.
- Strong Linux experience, including OS tuning.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL tuning, preferably MS SQL Server.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to give clear written and verbal directions.
**Must be able to work for any employer in the United States. No Visa sponsorship.**
SLAIT Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SLAIT Consulting - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard