Although the position is " Open until Filled ", application materials will be reviewed as received and applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. In addition to a resume, a cover letter describing specific interest in the position and the Chelan County community is required. To expedite the application process, combine your cover letter and resume into one document and upload when requested through the online application process, referencing job #10654.
The general hiring range is $70,000 - $90,000; based on qualifications, skills and abilities.
Employee benefits include medical, dental and vision (for all qualifying dependents), short and long-term disability, Washington State Public Employees' Retirement System, Deferred Compensation w/company matching funds, 11 holidays, and initial personal leave accrual at 21 days per year.
Competitive compensation and outstanding benefits, coupled with the advantages of joining a team that has implemented a truly enterprise asset management program, including all maintenance activities, asset management, fleet, supply chain, service requests, IT, financial integrations, Primavera scheduling intergration, and mobile, makes working at Chelan County PUD a great choice!
This position is responsible for designing, developing, implementing, maintaining and supporting computerized business application systems for use throughout the District. This position provides customer service, training and support for computer application end-users so that they can effectively and accurately operate the system and derive its full benefits. Perform a variety of duties to define, create, modify and maintain physical databases and associated processes that the business computer systems depend on.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions (EF) are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position. Secondary functions (SF) are activities not fundamental to the job and may need to be relaxed to accommodate an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability.
2. EF (20%) Provide customer service, training and support for computer application end-users so that they effectively and accurately operate the system and derive its full benefits. As assigned, provide primary or secondary support for an application, department, or business unit. Handle phone and walk-in visit interruptions by end-users in a pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful manner. Explain to end-users how their system works and how to accomplish various tasks within the system. Help end-users with anomalies and special cases. Troubleshoot all aspects of the system. Assist end-users with Requests For Action (RFA) for system changes. Provide training and individual coaching to end-users on the proper operation and administration of their business computer systems. Fulfill MIS obligations per Service Level Agreements.
3. EF (25%) Participate in software application development projects or sub-projects either for new systems or upgrades of existing system. Develop system requirements. Research and evaluate third party software against requirements. Complete technical tasks including systems design, data conversions, system interfaces, integrity checks, system configuration and setup administration. Provide extra user support during system break-in.
4. EF (10%) Develop specialized skills and abilities. These may include mastering special tools and associated skills such as using statistical modeling tools, data base modeling tools, bar code devises, special programming languages, special devices, web authoring tools, and others.
5. EF (5%) Create and maintain documentation sufficient for efficiently supporting and maintaining computer application systems. Adhere to the documentation standard.
6. EF (5%) Plan and execute recovery from failure or error situations to quickly restore normal system access and operations. Determine the cause of failure or error by analyzing computer error messages, performing tests, checking data and referencing system documentation. Design an appropriate recovery process and coordinate with operations and users to execute the recovery in a timely manner. Verify success by performing integrity checks on the data. Find and fix the root cause as appropriate. Document the failure and report to management. Develop improvements to the recovery process.
7. EF (Ongoing) Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Specific KSA's: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
The position requires an in-depth knowledge of the business processes for the application systems of responsibility along with an expert knowledge of computerized information technology practices and how to apply them to the business processes. It specifically requires exceptional skill for creating computer programs for online and batch interaction with corporate databases. The position also requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, logical, conceptual, and critical thinking skills, and effective communication skills. Position requires the ability to follow and contribute to the development of applications development, change and release management methodologies. It requires effective and pleasant interpersonal relations, along with an interest in others’ concerns to maintain a responsive and positive relationship with software end-users. In addition, it requires the ability to constantly learn, and effectively apply, new technological concepts and skills while maintaining prior competencies. Also requires the ability to work in an environment where projects, and software products, are developed to a stable working state but never "finished."
Language Skills: Candidate must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English.
Computers & Equipment: A fully skilled incumbent will have the ability to utilize the following software, hardware, or equipment:
To perform this job successfully, an individual is required to have knowledge of PeopleSoft Financials; PeopleSoft Timekeeping/HR; Primavera; Maximo Order Processing; Maximo Asset Management; PC Hardware; Servers; computer software development tools, network file servers, and Windows servers. Advanced skill required with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word applications, as well as personal computers with associated software and peripherals (monitor, keyboard, mouse, printers, scanners, and b-code readers).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and perform repetitive hand or arm motion. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions for this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. This should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Chelan PUD is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce. M/F/H/V
Chelan County Public Utility District - 18 months ago