Enterprise Business Architect
As an Enterprise Architect, specializing in Business Architecture, you are responsible for the effectiveness, integration and optimization of the business layers within the overall enterprise architecture (EA) for an Enterprise Resource Planning solution. You'll play a pivotal part in the transformation of global business processes and the supporting application landscape.
You'll work closely with global business executives and global portfolio managers to develop and maintain Ernst & Young’s business capability model, driving global capability integration, enhancement and efficiency. You will be responsible for the development of integrated long term Solution- and Portfolio Roadmaps to ensure minimization of redundant solutions and proper support of the global IT strategy.
You will take an active role in the global Enterprise Architecture Leadership Team to work with other functions of the global Enterprise Architecture Function to ensure appropriate support for end-to-end Enterprise Architecture Services.
This position requires up to 40 - 50% travel (domestic and international).
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Be an active participant in a team of senior and highly experienced global Enterprise Architects
- Work with the EA Leadership team to develop the vision for the area of specialization and effectively and consistently communicate this to key stakeholders.
- Pursue and build relationships across business and IT to gather intelligence and bring insight about the wider picture.
- Gather feedback that helps EA improve and evolve the quality and type of EA services provided.
- Develop future state Enterprise Architectures and their related roadmaps, in line with the global IT Strategy, to drive future state direction of EYs global Business Capability landscape.
- Define and create Enterprise Architectures to support the business strategy leveraging the Business Capability Framework domain.
- Analyze existing landscape to determine redundancy and re-architecture opportunities in order to minimize complexity of technology environment in line with business needs, primarily in your domain of expertise.
- Lead and develop the domain of expertise, responsible for highly complex projects affecting global lines of business or the entire enterprise.
- Analyze emerging analysis, guidance & market trends and their potential impacts on the business architecture.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
To qualify, candidates must also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Computer Science and equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years hands-on experience in IT Services and 5 Years in global Enterprise Architecture roles with a strong background in business processes and information management.
- Proven ability to translate business needs into EA requirements, and estimate the financial and architectural impact of EA alternatives.
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend the changes to key business processes and the impact on the area of specialization.
- Good analytical skills, knowledge of business process and capability design and team player.
- Strong relationship building skills and executive presence.
- Ability to constructively challenge requirements to increase overall value to the firm.
- Demonstrated ability to direct the point of optimization from the project to the enterprise.
- Excellent decision making skills, leverages management for support in the absence of complete facts.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Good management skills, using judgment and tact.
- Strategic skills to propose long-term visions and the ability to translate them into actionable roadmaps that are broadly accepted.
- Ability to understand and integrate cultural differences and motives and to be an active participant in virtual cross-cultural, cross-border teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An overall understanding of the business objectives of service lines and Core Business Services departments.
- Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people - including business customers, IT project managers and IT engineers - to balance demands.
- Self starter attitude, working independently under limited guidance.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to moderate differing expectations.
- Provide insight on all Enterprise Architecture domains (business, information, application and technology) and how they work together.
- Knowledge of industry standard Enterprise Architecture Frameworks, (e.g. Zachman, TOGAF, DODAF), desired.
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust...