The Enterprise Cloud Architect will provide enterprise Cloud Services direction for our client in the US with International reach. The position will work closely with various areas of the organization to define, architect and enable the delivery of cloud capabilities and solutions, focusing on infrastructure, platform and application "as a service" models.
The Enterprise Cloud Architect, will leverage internal knowledge, vendor partners, industry experts and consulting organizations to develop an overall blueprint that will bring together technology and organizational models to enable operational excellence and forward-thinking capabilities, including but not restricted to Software Defined Anything (SDx), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and other core Cloud delivery models. The role will lead the architecture for a private cloud service with future architectures such as hybrid cloud.
The position must be able to effectively communicate and consult with business leaders to understand business needs and challenges. Then, develop IT solutions that solve those challenges and align with IT infrastructure capabilities, standards, and policies while increasing the speed and agility of the business. If IT infrastructure capabilities, standards and policies need to be revised to accomplish the business objective, the position will be responsible for documenting changes needed and securing approval for those changes.
The individual will work closely with domain architects and infrastructure groups to define our client’s understanding of cloud, identify necessary components, infrastructure and operating model as well as enabling forward thinking capabilities to ensure continued growth and success in emerging cloud technologies and methodologies. The position will interact daily with the multiple groups and individuals including; Security Architecture, Infrastructure Architecture, Application Architecture, Business Partners, Vendors and IT Leadership, as well as some end users on developing solutions that meet the company’s business requirements.
This role will help shape the company’s approach to cloud implementation providing technical leadership and architectural direction, and will work closely with the Cloud Services AVP within Service Management and Delivery. The individual will be responsible for developing technical and business alignment roadmaps, business case development and Request for Information/Proposal documentation.
The position requires excellent written and oral communications skills to develop presentations, technical white papers, and proposals. Project management and problem management skills are required to ensure that assigned IT initiatives remain on schedule and provide the business benefits needed.
% of Time and Description
- 40% - Responsible for delivering complex technical designs and architecture
- 20% - Responsible for managing and maintaining enterprise roadmap for cloud services
- 10% - Works with Line of Business leaders to drive design and architecture with product and business owners
- 10% - Serves as Technical Consultant to AVP Design and Build and VP Service Management and Delivery
- 10% - Strategic enterprise planning to align IT infrastructure capabilities, policies, and standards with business needs
- 5% - Develop Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis for technology driven infrastructure changes
- 5% - Administrative activities such as project management, mentoring others, and producing presentations and documentation
Relevant Work Experience
- College Graduate Preferred
RELEVANT TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE (Should include some or all of the following):
- Knowledge of Cloud software and hardware landscape
- Self Starter
- Calm under pressure
- Cloud: Cloud Management Software, CMDB, Service Management software
- Hardware/Operating Systems: ESX, Windows Server, Unix, Linux, Windows Client, Mainframe, Citrix, virtualization technologies
- Networking: LAN/WAN, DHCP, VPN, TCP/IP, Load Balancers, routers, switches, wireless
- Database : Oracle, Sql Server, DB2
- Storage: Disk Subsystems, Storage area networks, NAS and Archive platforms, virtual tape and backup infrastructure
- Security: Firewalls, IPS, IDS, Active Directory
- Client Devices: Laptop, desktop, tablet, mobile devices
- Applications/software: Java, XML, HTML, Systems Management, Powershell