FINCA International , one of the world's leading MFIs, provides financial services to more than 1 million clients through 22 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Greater Middle East. FINCA is currently looking for an Enterprise Data Architect. The Architect is responsible for the architecture, design, planning, and overall management of FINCA Enterprise Data Warehouse.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Develops overall strategic data architecture direction and provides a comprehensive road map for the company data needs
- Provides technical leadership for data warehousing and business intelligence architecture, design and development
- Serves as a liaison between the business experts/users and the project technical team to ensure the users requirements are understood and interpreted correctly by the technical team.
- Defines and estimates project proposals and creates project plans and staffing models
- Develops new BI assets (reports, dashboards, analytic models, etc.)
- Develops and helps institute best practice, methodologies and standards with regard to Master Data, Meta Data, Data Quality, Data Governance, Data Structure, Data Architecture, and Data Security
- Travel internationally to developing / under-developed countries and explain the information architecture, influence and persuade others, as well as promote understanding and consensus.
Expertise & Skills:
- 10+ years of overall Information systems, services / consulting experience of which solid 5+ years in enterprise data architecture
- Processes a thorough understanding of data warehouse concepts and strong data modeling fundamentals
- Experience leading technical project efforts including project planning, design, build, test, and data conversion/migration as well as report design and builds
- Full life cycle experience in data warehousing, data modeling, data integration, and master data management
- Experience with BI solutions: architecture, design and development of data marts, and reporting models
- Hands on experience with solutions (DI, DQ, MDM)
- Understanding of Database systems used for Enterprise Data Warehousing such as Oracle , Teradata, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2010 / 2012 Analytics engine (SSAS) and Reporting Server
- Experience with data modeling tools (e.g. Erwin, Sybase Power Designer, Visio, etc.), understanding of IDEF1X.
- Experience with data modeling, 3rd normal form and dimensional.
- Demonstrated abilities with ETL and data integration technologies/tools (e.g. Informatica, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Data Stage, SQL Server Integration Services)
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools, (e.g. OBIEE, SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Services, Cognos, Business Objects, Hyperion).
- Big Data skills (Hadoop, R Language, etc.)
- Experience with ActivePerl, Visual Basic, Visual Studio and/or C# programming languages
- Experience with emerging BI technologies like Qlikview, Spotfire, Tableau, etc.
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FINCA International - 8 months ago