West Metro, MN or Denver, CO
12 Month Contract
o Proven experience defining, driving and applying information architecture and governance
- Enterprise Information Architect with significant experience in demonstrating the value of enterprise architecture through roadmaps and metrics to promote efficiency, speed and agility of our enterprise architecture. Need experience working across IT and business technology owners to drive development of information strategy, governance and models to support business requirements.
- Work with architecture team around information architecture to support layout of physical and logical information architecture, including identifying key data, sources of record and where they’re stored for both transaction, reporting and data warehousing. The information needs to support our initiatives around ERP, enterprise search, mobile device information sharing, collaboration and cloud technology directions.
- Key Attributes Needed:
o Architect must have significant experience in Information Architecture discipline. This includes developing information strategy and governance, designing information models for both structured and unstructured data, including definition of sources of record and managing data retention
o Designing integration models which control the capture, transformation, and distribution of information.
o Proven experience in driving data-driven integration designs and managing associated enterprise-level architectural decisions
o Experience in defining conceptual and logical information models and associating data aspects to strategic business goals, direction, and technical needs.
o Applicant should have experience in utilizing business strategy to provide a business driven framework for the subsequent definition of an IT Architecture that will support business goals and objectives.
- Enterprise architecture, driving technology strategy, & architecture directions. I would expect to see experience around information architecture, master data management, information lifecycle management, common information model, enterprise information standards, and development of reference architectures, design patterns, etc.
- Active leadership in defining and establishing an enterprise information model
- Lead a matrixed team of stakeholders to create, review and gain alignment around Information Architecture reference architectures, standards, and patterns.
- Communicate and champion the business value of Information Architecture
- Champion and lead the application of Enterprise Information Architecture practices to simplify and reduce costs , including archival and data retention
- Provide technical leadership and architectural direction around logical and physical architecture for both structured and unstructured data repositories
- Align Information Architectures with business needs and strategic direction
- Lead efforts in providing guidance, communication, and governance around reusable models to guide information architecture and design.
o Prior experience in creating Integration Architectures
- Expertise in technology road mapping and planning - develop and manage the process of migrating from the current to the future state architecture. Synchronize the capability road mapping with the technology planning process. Also, require expertise is maturing lifecycle management of IT and Information assets and assisting new initiatives with solution direction and technical governance.
- Desired skills include Data Warehousing, Information Insight Generation, Unstructured Information Analysis, Information Policy Formation, Information Systems Design, Information Modeling, Information Asset management, and Information Taxonomy Creation.
- The ideal applicant will have significant experience in business architecture and information architecture so the architect can also help the organization with a master data management initiative.
- The Enterprise Architect will drive the development of the enterprise architecture process and the technology standards management process and should keep abreast of the latest technologies and technological opportunities in his/her knowledge area. The Architect must understand business needs and apply smart technology strategy for competitive advantage.
- Communications and relationship building - engage in significant interaction with leadership and technical levels; able to effectively communicate highly technical information to numerous audiences; effectively develop relationships with individuals inside IT. Deliver difficult messages and express disagreement with others with confidence and self-control. Address challenges to technical recommendations and influence others to change their approach and work collectively in a highly matrixed organization to implement new/difficult initiatives. Gain support and consensus from related stakeholders.
- Professional Competencies:
o Excellent soft skills - presentation and communication skills to developers as well as IT executive management
o Good at navigating the politics of critical technology decisions
o Should be able to communicate complex problems to other people in a simple way that they will understand
Horizontal Integration Inc. - 2 years ago