This full time position will be supporting the US Patent and Trade Office in Alexandria, VA.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Responsible for participating in the design and implementation of information systems which will adequately support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization.
- Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will offer security and will be effectively integrated with current applications.
- Ensures that all systems are working at optimal levels and offers support to application development department regarding new technologies and system requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of infrastructure, application programming, and web and software applications.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Will represent IT Operations senior management and their interests as a key member of integrated project teams to plan, gather hardware requirements, coordinate, and track all hardware purchases for several Business Unit Portfolios within the USPTO.
Desired Education and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 6-8 years of experience in the field or 10-15 years of relevant experience.
- 3-5 years of working knowledge of current Web technologies including browsers, application containers (JBOSS).
- 3-5 years of working knowledge of virtual and physical hardware technology including hardware servers, virtual servers, and disks (spinning and SSD).
- Understanding of network and communication components, disk controllers, and database technologies such as Oracle and MySQL.
- Knowledge and expertise conforming to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Must be able to pass Public Trust background check.
To apply, please access our website, www.iiaweb.com and click on “Careers”
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.