This full time position will be supporting the US Patent and Trade Office in Alexandria, VA.
Requirements and Responsibilities
- Responsible for participating in the design and implementation of information systems which will adequately support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization.
- Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will offer security and will be effectively integrated with current applications.
- Ensures that all systems are working at optimal levels and offers support to application development department regarding new technologies and system requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of infrastructure, application programming, and web and software applications.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Will represent IT Operations senior management and their interests as a key member of integrated project teams to plan, gather hardware requirements, coordinate, and track all hardware purchases for several Business Unit Portfolios within the USPTO.
Desired Education and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 6-8 years of experience in the field or 10-15 years of relevant experience.
- 3-5 years of working knowledge of current Web technologies including browsers, application containers (JBOSS).
- 3-5 years of working knowledge of virtual and physical hardware technology including hardware servers, virtual servers, and disks (spinning and SSD).
- Understanding of network and communication components, disk controllers, and database technologies such as Oracle and MySQL.
- Knowledge and expertise conforming to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Must be able to pass Public Trust background check.
To apply, please access our website, www.iiaweb.com and click on “Careers”
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Information International Associates (IIa) is an information management company with proven performance and customer service in the public...