Enterprise Infrastructure Architect
Reports To: Director of IT
Location: Durango or Denver (Denver Tech Center), CO
Mercury is an integrated transaction processing company created to enhance point-of-sale systems by offering credit, debit, check, gift card and loyalty processing. Mercury’s integrated Internet protocol (IP) or dial-up processing solutions are fast, reliable and affordable. Retailers can leverage the reliability and enhanced efficiency of integrated payment processing to increase productivity and customer satisfaction. Mercury helps resellers increase their opportunities with reseller support and superior technology. Mercury is in the business is to help other business’s prosper.
The Enterprise Infrastructure Architect will develop and maintain the high-level design plan for the overall logical and physical architecture. This person will have responsibility for all strategic and/or enterprise-wide infrastructure. Additionally, they will provide technical leadership and consulting across the organization, from strategic decision making down to the project planning level. They also must maintain extensive ties with security, development, operations, data and governance functions in the organization
The Enterprise Infrastructure Architect is responsible for evaluating, assessing, and designing Mercury’s Information Technology solutions. He or she analyzes business and technical requirements, and produces logical, technological, and design recommendations for system and service implementation. The Enterprise Infrastructure Architect balances and reconciles the strategic and tactical considerations when making recommendations, and reveals and communicates the associated trade-offs.
Essential Functions include the following. Others may be assigned.
Qualifications - to perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions satisfactorily.
- Lead and direct to prepare governing principles to guide decision making pertinent to infrastructure architecture.
- Develop implementation plan for infrastructure architecture on basis of IT strategies and business requirements.
- Enforce infrastructure architecture execution as well as ongoing refinement tasks
- Consult project teams to fit infrastructure architecture assignments and identify need to modify infrastructure architecture to attain project requirements.
- Ensure documentation of entire architecture design and evaluation work.
- Develop and execute communication plus education plan for infrastructure architecture.
- Develop and Maintain in-depth knowledge of Mercury’s strategic business plan and decision making process.
- Document and develop in-depth knowledge of company’s existing IT architecture/infrastructure, and technology portfolio.
- Develop and manage an infrastructure capacity plan.
- Develop, document, communicate, and enforce a technology standards policy.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Systems and Network Engineers, Development teams and other Architects.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and infrastructure flexibility.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in IT infrastructure, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Design, assist in development phase, and oversee implementation of end-to-end integrated systems.
- Confer with project teams, end-users, and senior management to understand project goals, constraints, resources, and risks.
- Assemble and communicate business requirements for infrastructure development projects.
- Ensure that proposed infrastructure architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
- Review systems design with Security to ensure compliance with PCI and SaS 70 type II.
- Communicate trade-offs associated with architecture proposals
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and make recommendations based on industry best practices
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Leads internal teams/task forces in decision-making process
Education and Experience
Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
5+ years Architecture
5+ years IT Engineer
Req Required Knowledge
Advanced Technical Skills Required
- LAN / WAN
- TCP/IP Network and Routing
- Firewalls and VPN (Cisco)
- Common x86 Server Hardware
- Misc. DHCP, DNS, SNMP, QOS, etc.
- Enterprise Storage
- PCI and SaS 70 Standards
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Database Design
- Understanding of Application Development
- DR/BCP Planning and Administration
- Certifications: CCDE, MCITP, CCNP
Mercury is known as an "innovations" leader in the Payment Processing Industry. In 2012 Mercury was awarded the top (GOLD) award in the Payment Processing category and Best Overall Retail Technology Vendor at RSPA for the 3rd consecutive year in a row. We were honored with a “Best Company To Work For In Colorado” and a ColoradoBiz Magazine “Top Company” award in 2008. In 2012 Mercury also won for Technology Company of the Year at the Colorado Technology Association's Apex Awards. Headquartered in Durango, Colorado, with a second office in Denver, we offer challenging career opportunities in a fast paced, strategic work environment. EOE
About Durango, Colorado
Durango is situated at the southwestern foot of the Rocky Mountains at an elevation of 6,500 feet. The population is about 17,000 (50,000+ countywide). Surrounded by some two-million acres of San Juan National Forest land, the area is a natural playground for all who appreciate spectacular views and outdoor experiences. Though Durango is a geographically, culturally, and economically diverse area, the thread that ties its citizenry together is quality of life.
Durango was recently ranked the #1 “micropolitan” area in the United States by an independent economic research firm, Policom. Durango was ranked first out of 576 micropolitan (less than 50,000 people) areas studied. The study ranked over 23 different economic factors, including wages and earnings. Large corporations and small main street shops thrive in Durango. Mercury is among Durango’s largest employers.
Small enough to feel personal and uncongested, Durango is large enough to offer a diverse selection of recreational, entertainment, cultural, and educational opportunities. Locals and tourists alike enjoy Durango for its high mountain vistas, powder skiing, cycling, kayaking, rafting, fishing, and lingering hints of western lore. Our playground is the entire four corners area, from hot desert to mountain summits.
No wonder why Durango residents are some of the most fulfilled in Colorado and the US.
Mercury Payment Systems - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Mercury is one of North America’s most innovative and fastest growing payments processing / merchant acquiring companies. As the...