Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
This position performs the tasks necessary to analyze, design, configure, implement and support Costco’s Enterprise Monitoring systems, related services, processes, applications, and integrations with a primary focus on one or more of the following monitoring tools suites (IBM Tivoli, HP or Microsoft’s System Center Operations Manager - SCOM) and/or Compuware’s dynaTrace application monitor. This will involve working closely with IT functional areas, process owners and vendors to develop detailed design, execution and troubleshooting of strategic solutions in support of effective monitoring, alerting, escalation, automation, reporting and event correlation. The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively and closely with other Enterprise Monitoring subject matter experts, Costco IT staff, and vendors to seamlessly integrate a variety of tools and systems. The position includes involvement with resolving application and configuration issues/concerns, providing ongoing analysis of performance, implementation of approved changes, and ensuring continual service improvements.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Responsible for daily troubleshooting, support and maintenance of enterprise level monitoring systems - including both remote and hands-on support.
- Thoroughly diagram and document monitoring system solutions, configurations, break/fix procedures.
- Analyze business requirements and design comprehensive, cost-effective enterprise level solutions.
- Acts as technical advisor for Enterprise Monitoring-owned projects and designs, with the ability to offer meaningful input on other groups’ projects and designs.
- Perform complex systems design, implementation and integration functions.
- Assist engineers and management with developing long-term, enterprise level planning around standards, processes, and best practices.
- Provide specific, relevant reporting to process stakeholders in support of root cause analysis, risk and event mitigation and elimination, and automation.
- Possess or develop a strong understanding of Costco and/or industry Information Security policies and practices.
- Mentor and provide training to Enterprise Monitoring staff, IT functional and support personnel, and business end-users.
- Responsible for special functions and duties as directed by management.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Minimum of 4 years experience with design, implementation and support of monitoring tools in a complex, multi-platform environment.
- Minimum of 4 years experience designing and supporting hardware based and virtual solutions with industry standard OS – including, but not limited to, Unix, RedHat Enterprise Linux, AIX, ESX/ESXi, and Windows.
- Experience with a diverse range of monitoring suites and tools, including, but not limited to, HP, Microsoft SCOM, IBM Tivoli and Compuware dynaTrace; general understanding of current cloud and SaaS offerings in the monitoring space.
- Ability to provide assistance with design, maintenance, and continual improvements to enterprise level solutions.
- Experience with a variety of industry leading network, infrastructure, and application delivery platforms and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability with programming and scripting languages including, but not limited to, Perl, Python, VBScript, Powershell and AIX shell scripting.
- Demonstrated ability working with database platforms.
- Strong troubleshooting skills to isolate system faults.
- Strong project management skills to lead projects, excellent organization and methodology.
- Ability to adjust priorities in rapidly changing environments; work well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present complex ideas and designs to a variety of technical or non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to provide effective on-site and remote support and troubleshooting 24X7.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- Certifications in RedHat Linux, AIX, and/or ESX.
- Experience with project management, workflow, and collaboration tools.
- Understanding of security and vulnerability best practice and design implications/mitigations.
- Understanding of DR/HA and co-location design implications.
Costco Wholesale - 17 months ago
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...