Primarily Accountable and Responsible for the Availability and Performance of all enterprise network services, resources, and capabilities. Manage a team of highly skilled network engineers and analysts and maintain close relationships with other Technical Operations departments in providing engineering support. Designs the overall Enterprise Network Architecture then ensures the successful planning, design, and implementation of network centric projects within that defined architecture. Oversees and manages the ongoing 7x24 operational support of all network components that are essential to the ongoing business operations of Forest City Enterprises. Responsible and accountable for the creation, management, delivery and conclusions of network focused contracts and service agreements.
Works closely with Building Technology Services (BTS) Group to design building and campus network infrastructure.
Essential Job Functions
1. Develops technology architecture and roadmaps for data networks and technologies; performs research and recommends solutions for various IT and business network needs; provides management oversight and leadership for key project initiatives or requirements.
2. Manages and leads staff; answers questions; trains and coaches for success. Provides feedback to associates through both formal and informal performance discussions; develops support plans and coverage for effective systems operations for a team of engineers, analysts, and specialists who support the Company's data communications networks.
3. Negotiates and manages contracts with various network vendors and carriers; acquires network equipment efficiently and cost effectively, manage vendor outages and issues.
4. Develops service level agreements for networks and Hybrid WAN and manages operations to those agreements.
5. Ensures new networks are effectively installed and configure per specifications and due dates; assures proper management of outages.
6. Develops and manages support plans and objectives for installed network centric systems and services.
7. Develops disruption and disaster recovery plans in the event of a major network outage or disaster.
8. Works closely with Building Technology Services (BTS) Group to develop and design infrastructure for new development projects. Attends meetings to design campus and building networks.
Continuous contact with immediate supervisor and the IT Infrastructure Team giving and exchanging information, supporting the data network infrastructure. Serves as expert and resource to SBU associates, responding to inquiries. Frequent contact with vendors when negotiating contracts and developing service-level agreements.
Provides input and recommendations into the capital and operations budget process. Responsible for the enterprise network budget including capital projects and equipment replacement.
An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Telecommunications, Electronics, Computer Operations/Engineering, or related discipline; or in the absence of a degree, directly-related job experience in data network infrastructure where a number of work years and proven knowledge may offset the degree requirement. Certification in at least one of the following a plus: CCNA,CCNP, or CCIE.
In addition to the education outlined above, at least 8 years of progressively responsible experience supporting technology infrastructure products in a medium to large information systems environment. Significant knowledge with Microsoft information systems architecture and components including SQL Server, Windows Server, and SharePoint as well as experience with SAP information systems architecture and components such as BASIS and Netweaver Stack. Requires three years of experience designing, leading, and implementing technology projects impacting a wide range of users across multiple platforms. At least 4 years supervisory experience with success in motivating and coaching associates to success.
Requires a self-motivated, team-player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Strong conceptual knowledge of complex information system architectures and ecosystems. Excellent project planning, leadership and organization skills necessary to work in a fast-moving environment. Ability to function effectively at a conceptual, technical and policy/business level with a strong customer service ethic. Ability to instruct, present, and lead technical discussions in both group and individual settings as well as the ability to negotiate with both internal and external partners.
Travel for this position is less than 10%. Travel to development project and conference expected.
Drug Free Workplace
Special note to third party recruiters: Forest City Enterprises values its relationships with our vendor partners. Occasionally we invite third party recruiters to assist us in filling an open requisition, and resumes must be submitted only through our talent supplier portal by those firms authorized to present candidates to us. Currently we are not seeking assistance from any third party or contingency recruiters for this position, and any resumes sent via email, internet or any other means will be considered unsolicited and Forest City will not be responsible for placement fees.
Forest City Enterprises - 20 months ago