The Enterprise Network Planning Analyst is responsible for analyzing customer data to design and develop Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) services to identify customer solutions for meeting customers' needs. He/She supports business development by communicating with and educating customers on complex solutions and strategic implications of logistics' options. This position develops pricing assumptions and reviews, presents solutions' responses, and serves as an SCS Business Development (BD) point of contact. The Enterprise Network Planning Analyst conducts project debriefs, coordinates communications among project and solutions' groups, ensures accuracy of customer solutions' models, and archives effective customer solutions to provide repeatable business. This position develops industry expertise to provide SCS teams with industry-specific information (e.g., solutions' tools and processes, hit rates, effectiveness, etc.). He/She conducts customer site visits to design solutions and develops and analyzes cost and optimization models by identifying customer business requirements and value propositions, workflows, and processes. Enterprise Network Planning Analyst recommends alternative strategies and adjustments, assesses the impact of solutions on SCS operations, and uses modeling software to develop cost-effective alternatives to meet customer requirements and SCS business goals. This position provides project management support (e.g., implementation and work plan development, required changes, project progress, etc.) and interacts with SCS BD Managers, Program and Project Managers, and other SCS Solutions teams.
The primary responsibility of this position is to support SCS Transportation Business Development. This includes selecting and leading project teams for various projects. Working with team members to develop pricing strategies and target price points to meet project goals and win business. Analyst will articulate complex logistics solutions to customers and sales teams. Will craft pricing assumptions, proposals, contracts, and other documents ensuring content is accurate and clear. Analyst will arrange criteria and calculate data to input into cost models in order to evaluate and explain cost model output. The analyst, based upon results, will create visuals to present solutions to customers.
- Develop customer responses to documents to support potential customer solutions and contract negotiations
- Reviews project’s progress to verify customer data assumptions and design criteria and ensure solution’s designs incorporate customer’s voice and are consistent with project definitions and scope of work.
- Coordinates and archive solution’s data and repeatable business solutions to maintain business resources for the SCS Strategic Analysis and Market Research group.
- Maintain work plans, analyze and balance needs, obtain resources, and adhere to budget and schedule requirements
- Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the project’s requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation; makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project.
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of processes, procedures, and use of technology for intermodal transportation; identifies root causes of recurring issues within freight forwarding operations; describes the general structure of freight forwarding operations.
- Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for basic project of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; supports initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manages minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employs project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
- Integrates a broad knowledge of supply chains within customer organizations to solve complex customer problems; develop strategies to meet the customer’s supply chain needs.
- Recognizes the basic impact of technology on UPS business, services, and processes; identifies technological barriers in achieving desired objectives; maintains appropriate breadth and depth of technological knowledge for current work assignment.
- Describes the general impact of requirements, problems, or inefficiencies on other parts of the operation or processes; conducts basic analyses and identifies issues impacting the accuracy of data analysis.
- Identifies common problems with current work designs; specifies requirements for new work designs; modifies or adjusts existing work methods, processes, and flows to resolve operation failures.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Industrial Engineering Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree – Transportation Preferred
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Must be currently located in the same geographic locations as the job or willing to relocate yourself there.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
UPS - 14 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...