Enterprise Product Manager-NOR002IV
Mercer is the global leader for trusted Human Resources and related financial advice, products and services. In our work with clients, we make a positive impact on the world every day. We do this by enhancing the financial and retirement security, health, productivity and employment relationships of the global workforce. Mercer has more than 19,000 employees serving clients in over 180 cities and 40 countries and territories worldwide. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the hundreds of job opportunities available through Mercer. Our core strengths in consulting, outsourcing and investments place Mercer in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary - and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. Mercer is an operating unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a leading global professional services firm with roots dating back to 1871. We employ over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries with annual revenue exceeding $11 billion. Marsh & McLennan Companies is the parent company of a number of the world's leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including: Marsh, our insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, our risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, our provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, our management consultancy.
The Enterprise Product Manager will serve as the business owner of critical customer-facing and operational technology products, responsible for the strategy, design and vendor selection (if applicable). The position will initially focus on external customer-facing web sites and reporting systems, and ultimately assume responsibility for operational platforms as well. The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong blend of business, product and IT competencies as he / she will not only lead the market and design strategy, but also serve as a key bridge between the business and IT. The ideal candidate would demonstrate experience building products from existing ideas, and developing new ideas based on market analysis and customers feedback, and will be a key driver of innovation and technology for Mercer. To fulfill this role, the Enterprise Product Manager will:
- Define requirements and third party relationships (if applicable) for current and future products by assessing current products, conducting market research, and gathering customer and stakeholder feedback.
- Work with all areas of the business, predominantly IT, to socialize, assess, and agree on product strategy. Serve as a key stakeholder and drive requirements during project execution.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan for the product offering. Assist marketing communications to create and maintain base sales toolkits (including product demos) that highlight key product attributes.
- Develop pricing strategy for the product line that is consistent with overarching Mercer pricing strategy and aligns with competitor’s pricing approach.
- Act as subject matter expert for Mercer market-facing business functions with respect to the product capabilities.
- Maintain a product roadmap with clear objectives and long-term vision that is used externally and internally to drive product activity. Develop business cases for change / improvement in the offering on an ongoing basis.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts; MBA preferred
- Strong understanding of Benefits and HR outsourcing market and products
- 7-10 years of product management development including e-commerce and commercial applications (Portal, Web, CMS, Mobile Apps, Voice Technology, security/authentication, data strategies, reporting tools, call center tools and document production)
- Proven track record for developing market-driven products through multiple lifecycle stages
- Experience with strategic software assessment and selection
- Creation of product and software rationalization strategies
- Strong combination of business and technical acumen
- Exceptional written and oral presentation capabilities
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to provide leadership/influence in a matrix-managed environment, across multiple and diverse business and systems groups
- Excellent analytic, problem solving, business judgment and organization skills
- Strong financial skills with experience in developing and managing budgets
- Product Management training, preferred
Job: Client Service
Primary Location: US-MA-Norwood
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
are equal opportunity employers
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the...