Responsible for the effective development and delivery of software systems for business use. Manages the software-development lifecycle, and test-team staff, to ensure quality delivery of custom and off-the-shelf business systems. Leverages information from problem and incident management to continuously improve the team’s ability to solve business problems. Responsible for the selection, acquisition and implementation of software to increase efficiency, cross-team collaboration, and QA team career development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Develop, implement and monitor philosophies, strategies, processes, and procedures to achieve software testing efficiency and accuracy across multiple business systems.
2. Manage and coordinate all testing efforts for all systems related to policy processing, claims administration and billing.
3. Evaluate the needs of technologies/software that enhance the quality of Grange’s production to its customers.
4. Research technology options to select, implement and maximize utilization of any new technology.
5. Identify, establish, maintain, and communicate department service standards and expectations 6. Manage, lead, and direct staff responsible for testing and implementing code changes to production.
7. Measure efficiency and productivity of overall department by clearly defining and reporting results on a monthly basis. Measure performance and results, developing and monitoring management reports.
8. Maintain a skilled staff by recruiting, selecting, and coaching employees. Develop and manage staff objectives, performance evaluations, and salary administration.
9. Manage test team and project flow through each software development life cycle.
10. Measure efficiency and productivity of overall department by clearly defining and reporting results on a monthly basis. Measure performance and results by developing and monitoring management reports.
11. Manage and develop annual department budget.
MARGINAL FUNCTIONS :
1. Assist and support Information Technology strategies.
2. Work in conjunction with special project teams as needed to resolve identified system problems.
3. Support department projects as need or assigned.
4. Develop and manage annual department budget.
5. Perform additional duties as requested.
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education & experience and a minimum of 10 years related management experience in Software Quality Assurance is preferred. Must be familiar with and willing to advocate agile testing philosophies and test automation approaches. Demonstrate excellent communication, organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and leadership qualities. Must possess ability to complete multiple tasks within set deadlines. A willingness to further insurance and software development knowledge through continued education is required.
Grange Mutual Casualty Company - 18 months ago