This is a re-announcement. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
The Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission, Department of Finance, is seeking a knowledgeable and experienced ERP Applications Manager. The ERP Applications Manager is part of the Financial Services Team and is entrusted with the responsibility of managing and coordinating our Lawson S3 ERP.This is a functional management position outside of IT that works in the office of the Secretary-Treasurer and reports to the Chief of Administrative Services.
The ERP Applications Manager provides leadership and vision in all phases of application support for the delivery of effective business system solutions to meet internal and external customer needs. This position requires organization, team building, relationship, and project management skills. This position will provide hands-on support for the ERP applications and supervision of the ERP Applications Administrator. Duties will include; day-to-day operations management, application troubleshooting; maintaining ERP applications; business process analysis; end-user training; financial report writing; monthly/yearly system closings; documenting operational support functions; and supporting maintenance and upgrade efforts.
The ERP Applications Manager is both a functional & technical management position that is responsible for the overall support of the organizations Lawson S3 ERP system. The ERP software is for the use of business units across operating departments in the organization. The application manager has to establish and develop relationships with the managers and heads of these business units--who are clients--in order to filter the benefits of this business software suite. She/he generates feedback from clients about ERP module implementation, functionality, pain points and issues related to legacy IT systems and applications, and uses the feedback to deliver improved service.
Examples of Important Duties:
- Ensure that ERP software meets business requirements and goals, fulfills user requirements, and identifies and resolves systems issues.
- Manage and participate in complex projects in support of and in response to business requests and appropriate strategic initiatives of the organization.
- Serve as liaison to the operating departments in matters relating to supported business applications.
- Ensure that any ERP integration into organization systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Define ERP support scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management, IT analysts, and stakeholders.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in current business systems across the organization.
- Establish the ERP help desk function to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training.
- Serve as a technical liaison between the organization and outside software vendors to investigate and resolve problems, and facilitate proper use of systems.
- Provide backup support for other application managers (e.g. payroll, procurement, accounting).
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field including courses directly applicable to assigned technology area.
2. Six years of directly related experience.
3. An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, business administration, information technology, or related field preferred.
-At least 5 years direct experience administrating ERP applications.
- Working knowledge of ERP and financial principals.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated experience with project planning, scheduling, and reporting.
- Experience with Lawson S3 product line is highly desirable.
- Governmental fund accounting knowledge.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.