As part of the NetApp IT Enterprise Search team, the Enterprise Search Developer will provide application design and development for the Enterprise Search application. This role will work closely with Enterprise Search Project Managers, Architects, Business System Analysts, and other Developers to translate requirements into robust, scalable designs, and then implement them in the Enterprise Search application ecosystem.
NetApp Enterprise Search leverages Google Search Appliance (GSA) technology, and needs to integrate with related core technologies such as Oracle Universal Content Management and Oracle Access Manager. There will be two areas of primary development focus:
1) ETL-based content indexing process: Extract content from a variety of content sources, Transform unstructured/non-normalized content to match new architecture standards (metadata mapping and normalization), and Load content into the GSA using the J2EE-based Google Connector Framework and XML Feeds API.
2) Best-of-breed search UIs: Allow users to dynamically improve the relevance of their search results by leveraging modern search capabilities such as dynamic search suggestions (Search-As-You-Type), results filtering (faceted search), and GSA OneBox capabilities for targeted searches. Job Requirements Technical Requirements:
Familiarity with web-based security standards (cookie-based SSO, Kerberos, NTLM, HTTP Basic, SAML).
Familiarity with XSLT.
Understanding of technical architectures, networking technologies and protocols.
Specific experience working with search engine technologies (Google, FAST, Verity, Autonomy) is a plus. Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 12 years IT related experience is required.
- 5 years of experience managing major project initiatives and leading project teams.
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree required; Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical field is preferred. Posting Category Information Technology Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - California - Sunnyvale (Corporate Headquarters) Requisition Number 18924BR
NetApp - 23 months ago
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....