Job Description Summary
Willamette University is accepting applications for the full-time, exempt position of Enterprise Services Consultant.
The Enterprise Services Consultant is primarily responsible for technical support, report generation, system integration, monitoring and maintenance of enterprise applications, such as Ellucian’s Colleague, for the administrative staff of Willamette University. The incumbent will provide staff with procedural, technical, database query, and operational support and training. The Enterprise Services Consultant will assist staff in conforming to the University’s database standards and will work to ensure high levels of availability, usability, security and data integrity in accordance with current best practices of the University.
This is a full-time, year round position. This position is eligible for the University’s generous benefits package that includes: medical/dental insurance, sick and vacation accruals, 10% employer contribution to defined contribution retirement plan with immediate vesting, tuition remission benefits, and paid holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, Willamette University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Enterprise Services Consultant include, but are not limited to, the following functions:
1. Provides technical support to the administrative staff of the University.
2. Designs, develops and implements enterprise procedures, data elements, reports, data exchanges and monitors and maintains the database.
3. Develops system and user documentation for enterprise systems and procedures.
4. Provides training and instruction support for administrative users in application use and database management.
5. Utilizes appropriate programming tools, e.g. Colleague Studio (an Eclipse variant), to review database field usage and processing logic and to make minor screen and program changes.
6. Researches and recommends new technologies, applications and procedures.
7. Implements and monitors data handling that conforms to the University’s data procedures and standards, including data integrity and security.
8. Assists the Director of Administrative Services in the development and implementation of administrative computing plans for the University.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates must have:
1) Strong interpersonal skills,
2) Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing,
3) Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of campus constituencies,
4) Proven ability to make technical issues understandable to non-technical employees,
5) Demonstrated attention to detail and a high level of organization in a prior position.
Education: Must possess the education, training and/or experience necessary to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Experience: A minimum of three years’ experience providing technical support, preferably in a higher education environment.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of and experience with 1) higher education administrative systems, including development of ad hoc queries, 2) Microsoft SQL query tools, 3) Microsoft Sharepoint, 4) Microsoft Excel, 5) Microsoft Word, 6) Microsoft Powerpoint, and 7) a web authoring tool, e.g. Adobe Creative Suite.
Position is subject to successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check.
1. A bachelor’s degree in information systems management, computer science, information technology or a related field is preferred.
2. Experience working in administration at an institution of higher education.
3. Knowledge of and experience with 1) Ellucian’s Colleague system, including development of ad hoc queries, 2) Entrinsik’s Informer query tool, and 3) Colleague Studio.
Thank you for considering an administrative position within Willamette University (WU).
Please note that you will need to create an account in order to apply, if this is your first time applying online with WU.
You need to submit the following materials as part of your online application:
Please complete all sections of the online application, do not leave sections blank. Please read the job posting carefully and answer the supplemental questions.
- A cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current resume
Application deadline is February 11, 2013. Review of applications will begin immediately.
Willamette University - 18 months ago